CBCGS [2019 - current]
CBGS [2015 - 2018]
Old [2000 - 2014]
Topics with syllabus and resources
100.00 Module 1
- Introduction to VHDL hardware description language
- Core features of VHDL
- Data types
- Concurrent and sequential statements
- Data flow
- Behavioral, structural architecture.
- Architecture of Xilinx XC4000 FPGA family.
200.00 Module 2
- Combinational and Sequential Logic design using VHDL.
- Using VHDL combinational circuit design examples- multipliers, decoders and encoders, cascading comparator.
- VHDL sequential circuit design features.
- Implementation of counters and registers in VHDL.
300.00 Module 3
- Very Large Scale Integration (VLSI) Technology Physics of NMOS, PMOS
- Enhancement and depletion mode transistor
- Threshold voltage
- Flatband condition
- Linear and saturated operation
- FET capacitance
- Short channel and hot electron effect.
400.00 Module 4
- MOS Transistors
- MOS transistor switches
- Basic MOS inverter and its working
- Types of MOS invertors viz active load nMOS inverter
- MOSFET Inverter with EnMOS as pull up
- MOSFET Inverter with D- nMOS as pull up
- MOSFET Inverter with pMOS as pull up
- cmos inverter
- Voltage transfer characteristics
- Noise immunity and noise margins
- Power and area considerations
- Parameter measurement in MOS circuits.
500.00 Module 5
- Silicon Semiconductor Technology Wafer processing
- Mask generation
- Epitaxy growth diffusion
- Ion implantation
- Basic NMOS and PMOS processes.
- Latch up in CMOS and CMOS using twin tub process.
- Scaling of MOS circuits
- Types of scaling and limitations of scaling.
600.00 Module 6
- Design rules and Layout
- NMOS and CMOS design rules and layout
- Design of NMOS and CMOS inverters
- NAND and NOR gates
- Interlayer contacts
- Butting and buried contacts
- Stick diagrams
- Layout of inverter
- NAND and NOR gates.
- Design of basic VLSI circuits
- Design of circuits like multiplexer, decoder, priority encoder, Flip flops, shift registers using MOS circuits.