University of Mumbai Syllabus For Semester 8 (BE Fourth Year) Transportation Planning and Economics: Knowing the Syllabus is very important for the students of Semester 8 (BE Fourth Year). Shaalaa has also provided a list of topics that every student needs to understand.
The University of Mumbai Semester 8 (BE Fourth Year) Transportation Planning and Economics syllabus for the academic year 2022-2023 is based on the Board's guidelines. Students should read the Semester 8 (BE Fourth Year) Transportation Planning and Economics Syllabus to learn about the subject's subjects and subtopics.
Students will discover the unit names, chapters under each unit, and subtopics under each chapter in the University of Mumbai Semester 8 (BE Fourth Year) Transportation Planning and Economics Syllabus pdf 2022-2023. They will also receive a complete practical syllabus for Semester 8 (BE Fourth Year) Transportation Planning and Economics in addition to this.
University of Mumbai Semester 8 (BE Fourth Year) Transportation Planning and Economics Revised Syllabus
University of Mumbai Semester 8 (BE Fourth Year) Transportation Planning and Economics and their Unit wise marks distribution
University of Mumbai Semester 8 (BE Fourth Year) Transportation Planning and Economics Course Structure 2022-2023 With Marking Scheme
- General Travel Forecasting Principles and techniques, Generalized demand, price and capacity relationship applied to travel forecasting, Practical problems of forecasting travel. Introduction to the process of urban transport planning.
- Travel demand forecasting: Trip generation analysis, trip classification, multiple regression analysis, category analysis, trip distribution analysis: introduction, methods of trip distribution, uniform and average factor method, Fratar method, Furness method, the gravity model and its calibration, Intervening and competing opportunities model, linear programming approach to trip distribution.
- Modal split analysis: introduction, Modal split analysis: Probit analysis, Logit analysis and Discriminant analysis, modal split models with behavioral basis.
- Traffic Assignment: purpose of traffic assignment, traffic flow characteristics, Assignment techniques: All or nothing assignment, Multiple route assignment, Capacity restraint assignment, Diversion curves. Rout building algorithms.
- Land-use transport models: Introduction, selection of Land-use transport models, The Lowry model, Grain – Lowry model, Applications of Lowry model.
- Introduction to advanced/soft computational techniques for transportation planning like Expert Systems, Neural Networks, Fuzzy Logic, Genetic Algorithm, Simulated Annealing, Hybrid systems etc.
- Economic evaluation of highway schemes, need for economic evaluation, cost and benefits of transportation projects, basic principles of economic evaluation,
- Net present value method, benefit/cost ratio method, internal rate of return method.
- Vehicle operating costs, Value of travel time saving, Accident costs and road pricing.
- Introduction to various mass transportation systems, Classification of mass transit modes: Street transit or surface transit, Semi rapid transit, Rapid transit or mass rapid transit System,
- Special transit systems: magnetic levitation, monorails, water borne transport, Automated Guided Transit,
- Detailed capacity assessment of some selected technologies: Conventional bus on bus bays, Light rail transit, Rail Rapid Transit, Regional rail Transit or Suburban Railway, Suitability of Transit Systems for different travel demand for Indian Cities, Suitability of Transit Systems for Indian Cities of Different Population sizes and forms, Influence of other factors in selection of Mass Transit Systems,
- Transit System Operations: Introduction, Route Development, Stop location and stopping policy, Schedule development, Capacity of transit systems.
- Future of Public transportation.