CBCGS [2018 - current]
CBGS [2014 - 2017]
Old [2000 - 2013]
Topics with syllabus and resources
- Role of transportation in Society,
- objectives of transportation system,
- different types of modes, planning, co
- ordination of different modes for Indian conditions.
200.00 Railway Engineering
- Role of Indian Railways in national development, Railways for urban transportation, Engineering surveys for track alignment, Obligatory points, Conventional & modern methods(Remote sensing, GIS)
- Permanent way-track components their functions, sleeper – functions, types, sleeper density, ballast functions different ballast materials.
- Rails: coning of wheels, tilting of rails, rail cross sections, wear, creep of rails, rail fastenings.
- Geometrics: gradients, transition curves, widening of gauge on curves, cant deficiency.
- Points & crossing: design of turnouts, description of track junctions, different types of track junctions.
- Yards: details of different types of railway yards & their functions.
- Signalling & interlocking: classification of signals, interlocking of signals points, control of train movement.
- Construction maintenance of railway track, methods of construction, material requirements, maintenance of tracks, traffic operations.
- Modernization of track railway station for high speed trains, special measures for high speed track.
300.00 Airport Engineering
- Aircraft component parts & its function, aircraft characteristics, their influence on airport planning.
- Airport planning: topographical & geographical features, existing airport in vicinity, air traffic characteristics, development of new airports, factors affecting airport site selection.
- Airport obstruction: zoning laws, classification of obstructions, imaginary surfaces, approach zones, turning zones.
- Airport layout: runway orientation, wind rose diagrams, basic runway length, corrections for runway length, airport classification, geometric design, airport capacity, runway configuration, taxiway design, geometric standards, exit taxiways, holding aprons, location of terminal buildings, aircraft hangers, parking.
- Airport marking, lighting, marking & lighting of runways, taxiway, approach, other areas.
- Terminal area & airport layout: terminal area, planning of terminal buildings, apron: size of gate position, number of gate position, aircraft parking system, hanger, general planning considerations, blast considerations.
- Air traffic control: Air traffic control aids, en-route aids, ling aids.
- Airport drainage: requirement of airport drainage, design data, surface drainage design.
- Airport airside capacity delay: runway capacity delays, practical hourly capacity, practical annual capacity, computation of runway system, runway gate capacity, taxiway capacity.
- Air traffic forecasting in aviation: forecasting methods, forecasting requirement & applications.
400.00 Water Transportation
- Introduction of water transportation systems, harbors docks, port facilities
500.00 Bridge Engineering
- Bridge engineering: importance, investigations, site selection, collection of data, determination of flood discharge, waterway, afflux, economic span, scour depth, Bearing
- Design criteria for Bridge Foundations, IRC Code of practice for bridges
Question Papers For All Subjects
- Building Design and Drawing 2 2007 to 2018
- Geotechnical Engineering 1 2010 to 2018