University of Mumbai Syllabus For Semester 5 (TE Third Year) Transportation Engineering 1: Knowing the Syllabus is very important for the students of Semester 5 (TE Third Year). Shaalaa has also provided a list of topics that every student needs to understand.
The University of Mumbai Semester 5 (TE Third Year) Transportation Engineering 1 syllabus for the academic year 2022-2023 is based on the Board's guidelines. Students should read the Semester 5 (TE Third Year) Transportation Engineering 1 Syllabus to learn about the subject's subjects and subtopics.
Students will discover the unit names, chapters under each unit, and subtopics under each chapter in the University of Mumbai Semester 5 (TE Third Year) Transportation Engineering 1 Syllabus pdf 2022-2023. They will also receive a complete practical syllabus for Semester 5 (TE Third Year) Transportation Engineering 1 in addition to this.
University of Mumbai Semester 5 (TE Third Year) Transportation Engineering 1 Revised Syllabus
University of Mumbai Semester 5 (TE Third Year) Transportation Engineering 1 and their Unit wise marks distribution
University of Mumbai Semester 5 (TE Third Year) Transportation Engineering 1 Course Structure 2022-2023 With Marking Scheme
- Role of transportation in Society,
- objectives of transportation system,
- different types of modes, planning, co
- ordination of different modes for Indian conditions.
- Role of Indian Railways in national development, Railways for urban transportation, Engineering surveys for track alignment, Obligatory points, Conventional & modern methods(Remote sensing, GIS)
- Permanent way-track components their functions, sleeper – functions, types, sleeper density, ballast functions different ballast materials.
- Rails: coning of wheels, tilting of rails, rail cross sections, wear, creep of rails, rail fastenings.
- Geometrics: gradients, transition curves, widening of gauge on curves, cant deficiency.
- Points & crossing: design of turnouts, description of track junctions, different types of track junctions.
- Yards: details of different types of railway yards & their functions.
- Signalling & interlocking: classification of signals, interlocking of signals points, control of train movement.
- Construction maintenance of railway track, methods of construction, material requirements, maintenance of tracks, traffic operations.
- Modernization of track railway station for high speed trains, special measures for high speed track.
- Aircraft component parts & its function, aircraft characteristics, their influence on airport planning.
- Airport planning: topographical & geographical features, existing airport in vicinity, air traffic characteristics, development of new airports, factors affecting airport site selection.
- Airport obstruction: zoning laws, classification of obstructions, imaginary surfaces, approach zones, turning zones.
- Airport layout: runway orientation, wind rose diagrams, basic runway length, corrections for runway length, airport classification, geometric design, airport capacity, runway configuration, taxiway design, geometric standards, exit taxiways, holding aprons, location of terminal buildings, aircraft hangers, parking.
- Airport marking, lighting, marking & lighting of runways, taxiway, approach, other areas.
- Terminal area & airport layout: terminal area, planning of terminal buildings, apron: size of gate position, number of gate position, aircraft parking system, hanger, general planning considerations, blast considerations.
- Air traffic control: Air traffic control aids, en-route aids, ling aids.
- Airport drainage: requirement of airport drainage, design data, surface drainage design.
- Airport airside capacity delay: runway capacity delays, practical hourly capacity, practical annual capacity, computation of runway system, runway gate capacity, taxiway capacity.
- Air traffic forecasting in aviation: forecasting methods, forecasting requirement & applications.
- Introduction of water transportation systems, harbors docks, port facilities
- Bridge engineering: importance, investigations, site selection, collection of data, determination of flood discharge, waterway, afflux, economic span, scour depth, Bearing
- Design criteria for Bridge Foundations, IRC Code of practice for bridges
Question Papers For All Subjects
- Structural Analysis 2 2007 to 2018
- Applied Hydraulics 1 2007 to 2018
- Transportation Engineering 1 2007 to 2018
- Geotechnical Engineering 1 2010 to 2018
- Building Design and Drawing 2 2007 to 2018
- Entrepreneurship and Management 2007 to 2014