CBCGS [2018 - current]
CBGS [2014 - 2017]
Old [2000 - 2013]
Topics with syllabus and resources
100.00 Module 1
101.00 Steam Generators
- Fire tube and Water tube boiler, Low pressure and high pressure boilers, once through boiler,
- examples, and important features of HP boilers, Mountings and accessories.
- Layout of a modern HP boiler.
- Equivalent evaporation of boilers. Boiler performance.
- Boiler efficiency
200.00 Module 2
201.00 Steam Nozzle and Turbines
- Flow through steam nozzle-velocity at exit and condition for maximum discharge, nozzle efficiency
202.00 Steam Turbine
- Basic of steam turbine, Classification, compounding of turbine, Impulse turbine – velocity diagram.
- Condition for max efficiency.
- Reaction turbine - velocity diagram, degree of reaction, Parson's turbine.
- Condition for maximum efficiency.
300.00 Module 3
301.00 Impact of Jets and Water Turbines
- Impact of jet on flat and curved plates Types of hydro turbines - impulse and reaction, definition of various turbine parameters like gross head, discharge, work done, input power, output power, efficiencies etc.,
- Eulers' equation applied to a turbine, turbine velocities and velocity triangles, expression for work done
302.00 Pelton Turbine
- Components of Pelton turbine, definition of design parameters like speed ratio, jet ratio, and estimation of various parameters like head, discharge, and efficiency etc.,
- determination of number of buckets.
303.00 Reaction Turbines
- Types of reaction turbines - inward and outward flow, radial mixed and axial; elements of the turbine, estimation of various parameters
400.00 Module 4
401.00 Similarity Relations in Turbines
- definition of unit quantities and specific quantities, selection of turbines.
- Prediction of results of prototypes from the model test.
402.00 Cavitations in Turbines
- causes, effects and remedies, Thoma's cavitations parameter G.
- Use of G v/s specific speed graphs.
- Determination of safe height of installation for the turbine.
- Characteristics of turbines, governing of turbines
500.00 Module 5
501.00 Gas Turbines
- Applications of gas turbine, Actual Brayton cycle, open and closed cycle gas turbine, methods to improve efficiency and specific output, open cycle with intercooling, reheat, and regeneration.
- Effect of operating variable on thermal efficiency and work ratio
600.00 Module 6
601.00 Jet Propulsion Engines
- Classification of jet propulsion engines, Thrust, Thrust power, Propulsive efficiency and thermal efficiency, Afterburner, Introduction to Turbojet, Turbofan, Ram jet, Turboprop and Rocket engine.
Question Papers For All Subjects
- Metrology and Quality Engineering 2016 to 2018
- Machine Design 1 2010 to 2018
- Mechanical Vibrations 2010 to 2018
- Thermal and Fluid Power Engineering 2015 to 2018
- Mechatronics 2010 to 2018
- Finite Element Analysis 2011 to 2018
- Internal Combustion Engines 2010 to 2014
- Hydraulic Machinery 2010 to 2014
- E-commerce and Industrial Finance 2010 to 2014