University of Mumbai Syllabus For Semester 6 (TE Third Year) Thermal and Fluid Power Engineering: Knowing the Syllabus is very important for the students of Semester 6 (TE Third Year). Shaalaa has also provided a list of topics that every student needs to understand.
The University of Mumbai Semester 6 (TE Third Year) Thermal and Fluid Power Engineering syllabus for the academic year 2021-2022 is based on the Board's guidelines. Students should read the Semester 6 (TE Third Year) Thermal and Fluid Power Engineering Syllabus to learn about the subject's subjects and subtopics.
Students will discover the unit names, chapters under each unit, and subtopics under each chapter in the University of Mumbai Semester 6 (TE Third Year) Thermal and Fluid Power Engineering Syllabus pdf 2021-2022. They will also receive a complete practical syllabus for Semester 6 (TE Third Year) Thermal and Fluid Power Engineering in addition to this.
University of Mumbai Semester 6 (TE Third Year) Thermal and Fluid Power Engineering Revised Syllabus
University of Mumbai Semester 6 (TE Third Year) Thermal and Fluid Power Engineering and their Unit wise marks distribution
University of Mumbai Semester 6 (TE Third Year) Thermal and Fluid Power Engineering Course Structure 2021-2022 With Marking Scheme
|201||Steam Nozzle and Turbines|
|301||Impact of Jets and Water Turbines|
|401||Similarity Relations in Turbines|
|402||Cavitations in Turbines|
|601||Jet Propulsion Engines|
- Fire tube and Water tube boiler, Low pressure and high pressure boilers, once through boiler,
- examples, and important features of HP boilers, Mountings and accessories.
- Layout of a modern HP boiler.
- Equivalent evaporation of boilers. Boiler performance.
- Boiler efficiency
- Flow through steam nozzle-velocity at exit and condition for maximum discharge, nozzle efficiency
- Basic of steam turbine, Classification, compounding of turbine, Impulse turbine – velocity diagram.
- Condition for max efficiency.
- Reaction turbine - velocity diagram, degree of reaction, Parson's turbine.
- Condition for maximum efficiency.
- Impact of jet on flat and curved plates Types of hydro turbines - impulse and reaction, definition of various turbine parameters like gross head, discharge, work done, input power, output power, efficiencies etc.,
- Eulers' equation applied to a turbine, turbine velocities and velocity triangles, expression for work done
- Components of Pelton turbine, definition of design parameters like speed ratio, jet ratio, and estimation of various parameters like head, discharge, and efficiency etc.,
- determination of number of buckets.
- Types of reaction turbines - inward and outward flow, radial mixed and axial; elements of the turbine, estimation of various parameters
- definition of unit quantities and specific quantities, selection of turbines.
- Prediction of results of prototypes from the model test.
- causes, effects and remedies, Thoma's cavitations parameter G.
- Use of G v/s specific speed graphs.
- Determination of safe height of installation for the turbine.
- Characteristics of turbines, governing of turbines
- Applications of gas turbine, Actual Brayton cycle, open and closed cycle gas turbine, methods to improve efficiency and specific output, open cycle with intercooling, reheat, and regeneration.
- Effect of operating variable on thermal efficiency and work ratio
- Classification of jet propulsion engines, Thrust, Thrust power, Propulsive efficiency and thermal efficiency, Afterburner, Introduction to Turbojet, Turbofan, Ram jet, Turboprop and Rocket engine.