University of Mumbai Syllabus For Semester 5 (TE Third Year) Theory of Machines 2: Knowing the Syllabus is very important for the students of Semester 5 (TE Third Year). Shaalaa has also provided a list of topics that every student needs to understand.
The University of Mumbai Semester 5 (TE Third Year) Theory of Machines 2 syllabus for the academic year 2021-2022 is based on the Board's guidelines. Students should read the Semester 5 (TE Third Year) Theory of Machines 2 Syllabus to learn about the subject's subjects and subtopics.
Students will discover the unit names, chapters under each unit, and subtopics under each chapter in the University of Mumbai Semester 5 (TE Third Year) Theory of Machines 2 Syllabus pdf 2021-2022. They will also receive a complete practical syllabus for Semester 5 (TE Third Year) Theory of Machines 2 in addition to this.
University of Mumbai Semester 5 (TE Third Year) Theory of Machines 2 Revised Syllabus
University of Mumbai Semester 5 (TE Third Year) Theory of Machines 2 and their Unit wise marks distribution
University of Mumbai Semester 5 (TE Third Year) Theory of Machines 2 Course Structure 2021-2022 With Marking Scheme
|302||Force Analysis of Gravity Loaded Governors|
|402||Two Wheeler and Four Wheeler on Curved Path|
|601||Static and Dynamic Force Analysis|
|602||Dynamically Equivalent Systems|
|603||Flywheel and Its Applications|
- Requirements of Clutches,
- Types of Clutches and Clutch materials,
- Positive clutches, friction clutches,
- Friction Clutches - Analysis of frictional torque, power transmission .
- Power loss in Friction in single plate,
- multiple plate clutch, and cone clutch,
- Centrifugal Clutches - construction, working.
- Requirement of brake,
- Types of Brakes, Analysis of Block brakes - external and internal,
- Band brake-simple and differential,
- Band and block brake - simple and differential,
- Braking of vehicles - front wheels,
- rear wheels, all wheels on level and inclined roads
- Absorption and transmission dynamometers,
- Study and analysis of absorption type dynamometer - Proney brake, Rope brake, dynamometers,
- Study and analysis of transmission type dynamometers - Belt transmission,
- epicyclical, torsion dynamometers, Froude hydraulic dynamometer
- Comparison between governors and flywheel,
- Types - centrifugal governors, inertia governors
- Watt, Porter, Proell, Force analysis of spring loaded governors - Hartnell,
- hartung, Wilson Hartnell, Force analysis of spring and gravity loaded governor,
- Performance characteristics of governors- stability, sensibility,
- isochronisms, Hunting, governor effort and governor power, coefficient of insensitiveness.
- Introduction - Gyroscopic couple and its effect on spinning bodies,
- Gyroscopic effect on naval ships during steering, pitching and rolling.,
- Ship stabilization with gyroscopic effect
- effect of gyroscopic and centrifugal couples,
- maximum permissible speeds on curve paths,
- Gyroscopic effect due to lateral misalignment of rigid disc mounted on shaft
- Kinematics and dynamic analysis of - simple gear trains,
- compound gear trains, reverted gear trains,
- epi-cyclic gear trains with spur or bevel gear combination
- Necessity of gear box, Sliding mesh, Constant mesh, Synchromesh and epicyclic gear box.
- in slider crank mechanism (neglecting mass of connecting rod and crank),
- Engine force analysis, Turning moment on crank shaft.
- to convert rigid body to two mass with and without correction couple.
- Fluctuation in energy, function of flywheel ,
- estimating inertia of flywheel for reciprocating prime movers and machines.