University of Mumbai Syllabus For Semester 4 (SE Second Year) Theory of Machines 1: Knowing the Syllabus is very important for the students of Semester 4 (SE Second Year). Shaalaa has also provided a list of topics that every student needs to understand.
The University of Mumbai Semester 4 (SE Second Year) Theory of Machines 1 syllabus for the academic year 2021-2022 is based on the Board's guidelines. Students should read the Semester 4 (SE Second Year) Theory of Machines 1 Syllabus to learn about the subject's subjects and subtopics.
Students will discover the unit names, chapters under each unit, and subtopics under each chapter in the University of Mumbai Semester 4 (SE Second Year) Theory of Machines 1 Syllabus pdf 2021-2022. They will also receive a complete practical syllabus for Semester 4 (SE Second Year) Theory of Machines 1 in addition to this.
University of Mumbai Semester 4 (SE Second Year) Theory of Machines 1 Revised Syllabus
University of Mumbai Semester 4 (SE Second Year) Theory of Machines 1 and their Unit wise marks distribution
University of Mumbai Semester 4 (SE Second Year) Theory of Machines 1 Course Structure 2021-2022 With Marking Scheme
- Mass M.I. about centroidal axis and about any other axis.
- Radius of Gyration.
- D’Alemberts Principle of Bodies under rotational motion about a fixed axis and plane motion.
- Application of motion of bars, Cylinders and spheres only.
- Kinetics of Rigid Bodies: Work and Energy.
- Kinetic energy in translating motion, Rotation about fixed axis and in general plane motion, Work Energy Principle and Conservation of Energy.
- Kinematic link,
- Types of links,
- Kinematic pair,
- Types of constrained motions,
- Types of Kinematic pairs,
- Kinematic chain,
- Types of joints,
- Mechanism, Machine,
- Degree of freedom (Mobility),
- Grubler’s criterion.
- Four bar chain and its inversions,
- Grashoff’s law,
- Slider crank chain and its inversions,
- Double slider crank chain and its inversions.
- Straight line generating Mechanisms: Exact Straight Line Generating Mechanisms – Peaucellier’s and Hart’s Approximate Straight Line Generating Mechanisms – Watt’s, Grasshopper and Tchebicheff’s.
- Offset slider crank mechanisms, Pantograph. Hook joint- single and double
- Steering gear mechanisms – Ackerman, Davis
- Velocity analysis by instantaneous center of rotation method (Graphical approach)
- Velocity analysis by relative velocity method (Graphical approach) Analysis is extended to find rubbing velocities at joints, mechanical advantage (Graphical approach).
- Velocity analysis of low degree complexity mechanisms (Graphical approach). Auxiliary point method
- Velocity and Acceleration – analysis by relative method (mechanisms up to 6 link) including pairs involving Coriolis acceleration (Graphical Approach).
- Motion analysis and plotting of displacement-time, velocity-time, acceleration- time, jerk-time graphs for uniform velocity.
- UARM, SHM and Cycloid motions (combined motions during one stroke excluded).
- R-R cam, D-R-R and D-R-D-R cam operating radial translating follower.
- Belt – Types of belts, velocity ratio, slip & creep, length of belt for open & cross system. Law of belting, Dynamic analysis- driving tensions, centrifugal tension, initial tension, condition of maximum power transmission
- Chains – types of chains, chordal action, variation in velocity ratio, Length of chain
- Law of gearing, Involute and Cycloid gear tooth profile, Construction of Involute profile
- Path of contact, arc of contact, contact ratio for involutes and cycloidal tooth profile, Interference in involutes gears. Critical Numbers of teeth for interference free motion.Methods to control interference in involutes gears.
- Static force analysis in gears- spur, helical, worm & worm wheel.
Question Papers For All Subjects
- Applied Mathematics 4 2009 to 2018
- Fluid Mechanics 2010 to 2018
- Theory of Machines 1 2009 to 2018
- Production Process 2 2009 to 2018
- Material Technology 2009 to 2018
- Industrial Electronics 2009 to 2018
- Computational Mathematics 2007 to 2013
- Thermal Engineering 2009 to 2013