CBCGS [2018 - current]
CBGS [2014 - 2017]
Old [2000 - 2013]
Topics with syllabus and resources
100.00 System Software
- Concept, introduction to various system programs such as assemblers, loaders, linkers, macro processors, compilers, interpreters, operating systems, device drivers.
- General Design Procedure, Design of Assembler (Single Pass – Assembler IBM PC, multi pass Assembler IBM 360/370 Processor), Statement of Problem, Data Structure, format of Databases, Algorithm, Look for modularity.
300.00 Macros and Macro Processors
- Macro instructions, Features of Macro facility, Design of 2 pass macroprocessor.
400.00 Loaders And Linkers
- loader schemes, Design of Absolute loader, Design of Direct linking loader.
500.00 Software Tools
- Software Tools for Program development
- Editors:- Types of Editors, Design of Editor, Debug Monitors
- Introduction to Compilers, Phases of a compiler, comparison of compilers and interpreters.
700.00 Lexical Analysis
- Role of a Lexical analyzer, input buffering, specification and recognition of tokens, Designing a lexical analyzer generator, Pattern matching based on NFA’s.
800.00 Syntax Analysis
- Role of Parser, Topdown parsing, Recursive descent and predictive parsers (LL), Bottom-Up parsing, Operator precedence parsing, LR, SLR and LALR parsers.
900.00 Syntax Directed Translation
- Syntax directed definitions, Inherited and Synthesized attributes, Evaluation order for SDDs, S attributed Definitions, L attributed Definitions.
1000.00 Intermediate Code Generation
- Intermediate languages:- declarations, Assignment statements, Boolean expression, case statements, back patching, procedure calls.
1100.00 Code Generation
- Issues in the design of Code Generator, Basic Blocks and Flow graphs, code generation algorithm, DAG representation of Basic Block.
1200.00 Code Optimization
- Principal sources of Optimization, Optimization of Basic Blocks, Loops in Flow graph, Peephole Optimization
1300.00 Run Time Storage
- Storage Organization, storage allocation strategies, parameter passing, Symbol table, introduction to garbage collection and compaction.
- JAVA compiler environment, YACC compilercompiler
Question Papers For All Subjects
- System Programming and Compiler Construction 2007 to 2018
- Software Engineering 2015 to 2017
- Distributed Databases 2015 to 2018
- Mobile Communication and Computing 2015 to 2018
- Object Oriented Software Engineering 2007 to 2015
- Advanced Microprocessor 2010 to 2016
- Advance Computer Network 2008 to 2018