CBCGS [2017 - current]
CBGS [2013 - 2016]
Old [2000 - 2012]
Topics with syllabus and resources
100.00 Tacheometric Surveying
101.00 Principle, Purpose, Uses, Advantages
- Principle, purpose, uses, advantages and suitability of tacheometry,
- different methods of tacheometry,
- stadia formula, Stadia diagram and tables.
- Subtense bar method.
102.00 Application in Plane Table and Curve Setting
103.00 Radial Contouring
201.00 Definitions of Different Terms
- Definitions of different terms,
- necessity of curves and types of curves.
202.00 Simple Circular Curves and Compound Curves
- Simple circular curves and compound curves,
- office and field work,
- linear methods of setting out curves,
- Angular methods of setting out curves,
- two theodolites and Rankine deflection angle method.
203.00 Reverse and Transition Curve
- Reverse and transition curves, their properties and advantages, design of transition curves, shift, spiral angle.
- Composite curves office and field level. Setting out of curves by angular method, composite curves problems.
204.00 Difficulties in Setting Out Curves and Solution for the Same
300.00 Curves- Vertical
301.00 Definitions, Necessity, Geometry and Types
302.00 Tangent Correction and Chord Gradient Methods
303.00 Sight Distance on a Vertical Curve
400.00 Setting Out Works
401.00 General Horizontal and Vertical Control
- General horizontal and vertical control,
- setting out of foundation plan for load bearing and framed structure,
- batter board, slope and grade stakes, setting out with theodolite.
402.00 Setting Out a Foundation Plans
- Setting out a foundation plans for building, sewer line, culvert, and use of laser for works;
- Setting out center line for tunnel, transfer of levels for underground works.
403.00 Project/Route Survey for Bridge, Dam and Canal
- Checking verticality of high rise structures.
500.00 Modern Surveying Instruments
501.00 Electronics in Surveying
- Electronics in surveying,
- various types of electronic distance measurements,
- principles used, Application in surveying,
- corrections for field observations
502.00 Electronic Digital Theodolite
- Electronic digital theodolite – types and application.
- Digital planimeter,
- digital level Total station –various applications in surveying
503.00 Use of Computer in Surveying
- Use of computer in surveying for reduction of levels,
- plotting of contour plans,
- L-section and C-section using various softwares
600.00 Modern Methods of Surveying
601.00 Global Positioning System (Gps)
- Basic principles, GPS segments, receivers, computations of coordinates.
- Applications in surveying
602.00 Remote Sensing
- Definition, basic concepts, electromagnetic radiation and spectrum,
- energy source and its characteristics,
- image acquisition and image interpretation.
- Application of remote sensing
603.00 Global Information System (Gis)
- Geographical concepts and terminology,
- basic components of GIS,
- data types,
- GIS analysis, Applications of GIS.
Question Papers For All Subjects
- Applied Mathematics 4 2009 to 2018