University of Mumbai Syllabus For Semester 4 (SE Second Year) Surveying 2: Knowing the Syllabus is very important for the students of Semester 4 (SE Second Year). Shaalaa has also provided a list of topics that every student needs to understand.
The University of Mumbai Semester 4 (SE Second Year) Surveying 2 syllabus for the academic year 2021-2022 is based on the Board's guidelines. Students should read the Semester 4 (SE Second Year) Surveying 2 Syllabus to learn about the subject's subjects and subtopics.
Students will discover the unit names, chapters under each unit, and subtopics under each chapter in the University of Mumbai Semester 4 (SE Second Year) Surveying 2 Syllabus pdf 2021-2022. They will also receive a complete practical syllabus for Semester 4 (SE Second Year) Surveying 2 in addition to this.
University of Mumbai Semester 4 (SE Second Year) Surveying 2 Revised Syllabus
University of Mumbai Semester 4 (SE Second Year) Surveying 2 and their Unit wise marks distribution
University of Mumbai Semester 4 (SE Second Year) Surveying 2 Course Structure 2021-2022 With Marking Scheme
- Principle, purpose, uses, advantages and suitability of tacheometry,
- different methods of tacheometry,
- stadia formula, Stadia diagram and tables.
- Subtense bar method.
- Definitions of different terms,
- necessity of curves and types of curves.
- Simple circular curves and compound curves,
- office and field work,
- linear methods of setting out curves,
- Angular methods of setting out curves,
- two theodolites and Rankine deflection angle method.
- Reverse and transition curves, their properties and advantages, design of transition curves, shift, spiral angle.
- Composite curves office and field level. Setting out of curves by angular method, composite curves problems.
- General horizontal and vertical control,
- setting out of foundation plan for load bearing and framed structure,
- batter board, slope and grade stakes, setting out with theodolite.
- Setting out a foundation plans for building, sewer line, culvert, and use of laser for works;
- Setting out center line for tunnel, transfer of levels for underground works.
- Checking verticality of high rise structures.
- Electronics in surveying,
- various types of electronic distance measurements,
- principles used, Application in surveying,
- corrections for field observations
- Electronic digital theodolite – types and application.
- Digital planimeter,
- digital level Total station –various applications in surveying
- Use of computer in surveying for reduction of levels,
- plotting of contour plans,
- L-section and C-section using various softwares
- Basic principles, GPS segments, receivers, computations of coordinates.
- Applications in surveying
- Definition, basic concepts, electromagnetic radiation and spectrum,
- energy source and its characteristics,
- image acquisition and image interpretation.
- Application of remote sensing
- Geographical concepts and terminology,
- basic components of GIS,
- data types,
- GIS analysis, Applications of GIS.
Question Papers For All Subjects
- Surveying 2 2007 to 2018
- Applied Mathematics 4 2009 to 2018
- Structural Analysis 1 2007 to 2018
- Concrete Technology 2007 to 2018
- Building Design and Drawing 1 2007 to 2018
- Fluid Mechanics 2 2009 to 2018