CBCGS [2017 - current]
CBGS [2013 - 2016]
Old [2000 - 2012]
Topics with syllabus and resources
101.00 Definition, Principles, Object, Uses and Necessity of Surveying
- Various types of surveying– based on methods and instruments,
- classifications-Plane surveying and geodetic surveying, Scales,
- Plain and diagonal scale,
- use of various types of verniers and micrometers in survey instruments.
102.00 Chain Surveying
- Chain surveying,
- study of ranging,
- Instruments required for linear measurements and setting out right angles.
201.00 Definitions, Technical Terms, Principle of Levelling
- different types of levels such as dumpy,
- tilting, wye level, auto level and laser level,
- temporary and permanent adjustments of level.
202.00 Levelling Staff
- Different types, classification of levelling, reduction of levels.
- Precise level and levelling staff, and field procedure for precise levelling.
- Difficulties in levelling work, corrections and precautions in levelling work, problems, corrections due to curvature and refraction.
- definitions, contour interval, equivalent,
- uses and characteristics of contour lines,
- direct and indirect methods of contouring.
- Grade contour: definition and use.
302.00 Computation of Volume
- Computation of volume by trapezoidal and prismoidal formula,
- volume from spot levels, volume from contour plans.
401.00 Compass Survey
- Bearings: Definition, different types and designations,
- compass- prismatic and surveyor’s,
- declination, local attraction, plotting of compass survey by different methods
402.00 Theodolite Travers
- Various parts and axis of transit, technical terms,
- temporary and permanent adjustments of a transit,
- horizontal and vertical angles, methods of repetition and reiteration.
403.00 Different Methods of Running a Theodolite Traverse
- Gales traverse table,
- balancing of traverse by Bow- Ditch’s,
- transit and modified transit rules.
404.00 Problems on One Plane and Two Plane Methods
- omitted measurements, Precautions in using transit,
- errors in theodolite traversing;
- Use of theodolite for various works such as prolongation of a straight line,
- setting out an angle, bearing measurements.
501.00 Area of a Irregular Figure
- Area of a irregular figure by trapezoidal rule,
- average ordinate rule, Simpson’s 1/3 rule,
- various coordinate methods
- types including digital planimeter, area of zero circle, use of planimeter.
600.00 Plane Table Surveying
601.00 Definition, Uses and Advantages , Temporary Adjustments
602.00 Different Methods of Plane Table Surveying
603.00 Errors in Plane Table Surveying
604.00 Use of Telescopic Alidade
Question Papers For All Subjects
- Applied Mathematics 3 2007 to 2018