University of Mumbai Syllabus For Semester 3 (SE Second Year) Surveying 1: Knowing the Syllabus is very important for the students of Semester 3 (SE Second Year). Shaalaa has also provided a list of topics that every student needs to understand.
The University of Mumbai Semester 3 (SE Second Year) Surveying 1 syllabus for the academic year 2021-2022 is based on the Board's guidelines. Students should read the Semester 3 (SE Second Year) Surveying 1 Syllabus to learn about the subject's subjects and subtopics.
Students will discover the unit names, chapters under each unit, and subtopics under each chapter in the University of Mumbai Semester 3 (SE Second Year) Surveying 1 Syllabus pdf 2021-2022. They will also receive a complete practical syllabus for Semester 3 (SE Second Year) Surveying 1 in addition to this.
University of Mumbai Semester 3 (SE Second Year) Surveying 1 Revised Syllabus
University of Mumbai Semester 3 (SE Second Year) Surveying 1 and their Unit wise marks distribution
University of Mumbai Semester 3 (SE Second Year) Surveying 1 Course Structure 2021-2022 With Marking Scheme
- Various types of surveying– based on methods and instruments,
- classifications-Plane surveying and geodetic surveying, Scales,
- Plain and diagonal scale,
- use of various types of verniers and micrometers in survey instruments.
- Chain surveying,
- study of ranging,
- Instruments required for linear measurements and setting out right angles.
- different types of levels such as dumpy,
- tilting, wye level, auto level and laser level,
- temporary and permanent adjustments of level.
- Different types, classification of levelling, reduction of levels.
- Precise level and levelling staff, and field procedure for precise levelling.
- Difficulties in levelling work, corrections and precautions in levelling work, problems, corrections due to curvature and refraction.
- definitions, contour interval, equivalent,
- uses and characteristics of contour lines,
- direct and indirect methods of contouring.
- Grade contour: definition and use.
- Computation of volume by trapezoidal and prismoidal formula,
- volume from spot levels, volume from contour plans.
- Bearings: Definition, different types and designations,
- compass- prismatic and surveyor’s,
- declination, local attraction, plotting of compass survey by different methods
- Various parts and axis of transit, technical terms,
- temporary and permanent adjustments of a transit,
- horizontal and vertical angles, methods of repetition and reiteration.
- Gales traverse table,
- balancing of traverse by Bow- Ditch’s,
- transit and modified transit rules.
- omitted measurements, Precautions in using transit,
- errors in theodolite traversing;
- Use of theodolite for various works such as prolongation of a straight line,
- setting out an angle, bearing measurements.
- Area of a irregular figure by trapezoidal rule,
- average ordinate rule, Simpson’s 1/3 rule,
- various coordinate methods
- types including digital planimeter, area of zero circle, use of planimeter.
Question Papers For All Subjects
- Applied Mathematics 3 2007 to 2018