CBCGS [2018 - current]
CBGS [2014 - 2017]
Old [2000 - 2013]
Topics with syllabus and resources
- Types of structures occurring in practice, their classification. Stable and unstable structures, statically and kinematical determinacy indeterminacy of structure.
- Symmetric structures, symmetrical & anti-symmetrical loads, distinction between linear and non-linear behaviors of material and geometric non-linearity.
200.00 Deflection of Statically Determinate Structures
- Review of general theorems based on virtual work energy methods, introduction to the concept of complimentary energy, absolute & relative deflection caused by loads, temperature changes settlement of supports, application to beams, pin jointed frames, rigid jointed frames.
300.00 Analysis of Indeterminate Structures by Flexibility Method
- Flexibility coefficients their use in formulation of compatibility equations. Fixed Beams, Application of the Clapeyron’s Theorem of Three Moments.
- Castigliaonos theorem of least work, application of above methods to propped cantilevers, fixed beams, continuous beam, Simple pin jointed frames including effect of lack of fit for members, Simple rigid jointed frames two hinged parabolic arches.
400.00 Analysis of Indeterminate Structures by Stiffness Method
- Stiffness coefficients for prismatic members, their use for formulation of equilibrium equations, direct stiffness method, Slope deflection method, Moment distribution method.
- Application of the above methods to indeterminate beams & simple rigid jointed frames, rigid jointed frames with inclined member but having only one translation degree of freedom including the effect of settlement of supports.
500.00 Introduction to Plastic Analysis of Steel Structures
- Concept of plastic hinge, plastic moment carrying capacity, shape factor, determination of collapse load for single and multiple span beams.
Question Papers For All Subjects
- Building Design and Drawing 2 2007 to 2018
- Geotechnical Engineering 1 2010 to 2018