University of Mumbai Syllabus For Semester 3 (SE Second Year) Strength of Materials: Knowing the Syllabus is very important for the students of Semester 3 (SE Second Year). Shaalaa has also provided a list of topics that every student needs to understand.
The University of Mumbai Semester 3 (SE Second Year) Strength of Materials syllabus for the academic year 2021-2022 is based on the Board's guidelines. Students should read the Semester 3 (SE Second Year) Strength of Materials Syllabus to learn about the subject's subjects and subtopics.
Students will discover the unit names, chapters under each unit, and subtopics under each chapter in the University of Mumbai Semester 3 (SE Second Year) Strength of Materials Syllabus pdf 2021-2022. They will also receive a complete practical syllabus for Semester 3 (SE Second Year) Strength of Materials in addition to this.
University of Mumbai Semester 3 (SE Second Year) Strength of Materials Revised Syllabus
University of Mumbai Semester 3 (SE Second Year) Strength of Materials and their Unit wise marks distribution
University of Mumbai Semester 3 (SE Second Year) Strength of Materials Course Structure 2021-2022 With Marking Scheme
- Axial force, shear force and bending moment diagrams for statically determinate beams including beams with internal hinges for different types of loading
- Stresses, Strains,
- Modulus of elasticity (E),
- Modulus of rigidity (G),
- Bulk Modulus (K),
- Yield Stresses,
- Ultimate Stress,
- Factor of safety,
- shear stress,
- Poisson’s ratio
- bars of varying sections,
- deformation due to self weight,
- composite sections,
- temperature stress
- Flexure formula for straight beam,
- moment of inertia, transfer theorem,
- polar moment of inertia,
- simple problems involving application of flexure formula,
- section modulus, moment of resistance, flitched beams.
- Strain energy due to axial force,
- stresses in axial member and simple beams under impact loading.
- Distribution of shear stress across plane sections commonly used for structural purposes, shear connectors
- Torsion in circular shafts-solid & hallow,
- stresses in shaft when transmitting power,
- closed coil helical spring under axial load.
- Application to member’s subjected to eccentric loads,
- core of section, problems on chimneys,
- retaining walls etc involving lateral loads.
- Struts subjected to axial loading,
- concept of buckling,
- Euler’s formula for struts with different support conditions,
- limitation, Euler’s and Rankine’s design formulae
- principal planes and principal stresses,
- maximum shear stress,
- stress determination using Mohr’s circle
- Principal stresses in shafts subjected to combined torsion,
- bending & axial thrust, and concept of equivalent torsional and bending moment
- Cylindrical and spherical shells under internal pressure.
Question Papers For All Subjects
- Applied Mathematics 3 2007 to 2018