CBCGS [2019 - current]
CBGS [2015 - 2018]
Old [2000 - 2014]
Topics with syllabus and resources
100.00 Introducing Municipal Solid Waste Management
- Overview: problems and issues of solid waste management - Need for solid waste management-Functional elements such as waste generation, storage, collection, transfer and transport, processing, recovery and disposal in the management of solid waste
200.00 Generation and Characteristics of Waste
- Sources, Types, composition, quantity, sampling and characteristics of waste, factors affecting generation of solid wastes.
300.00 Waste Collection, Storage and Transport
- Collection and storage of municipal solid waste; Methods of collection - House to House collection - Type of vehicles-Manpower requirementcollection routes; on site storage methods-materials used for containersReduction of solid waste at source-on site segregation of solid wasteRecycling and Reuse Need for transfer and transport; transfer stationselection of location, operation and maintenance; transportation Methodsmanual, Mechanical methods with or without compaction, economy in transportation of waste optimization of transportation routes.
400.00 Waste Processing Techniques
- Processing techniques-biological and chemical conversion technologies – composting and its methods, vermicomposting, mechanical composting, In vessel composting, incineration, pyrolysis, gasification.
500.00 Disposal of Solid Waste
- Segregation, reduction at source, recovery and recycle; dumping of solid waste-sanitary waste- sanitary landfills-site selection-design and operation of sanitary landfill-secure landfills-landfill bioreactors-leachate and landfill gas management-landfill closure and environmental monitoring-landfill remediation; Municipal solid waste in Indian conditions, legal aspects of solid waste disposal.
600.00 Industrial Solid Waste
- Waste products during manufacturing and packing, operation of pollution control facilities, generation, minimization at source, recycling, disposal.
700.00 Hazardous Waste
- Definition, sources, hazardous characteristics, management, Treatment and disposal, mutagenesis, carcinogenesis, Toxicity testing.
800.00 Biomedical Waste
- Definition, sources, classification, collection, segregation, treatment and disposal.
900.00 Electronic Waste
- Waste characteristics, generation, collection, transport and disposal.
Question Papers For All Subjects
- Environmental Engineering 2 2007 to 2018
- Limit State Method for Reinforced Concrete Structures 2011 to 2018
- Irrigation Engineering 2008 to 2018
- Quantity Survey Estimation and Valuation 2007 to 2018
- Construction Engineering 2008 to 2018