CBCGS [2017 - current]
CBGS [2013 - 2016]
Old [2000 - 2012]
Units and Topics
100 Module 1 Introduction
- Introduction:-Scope & Application of Solid Fluid Operation.
- Particle Size Analysis:-Particle Size Measurement & distribution.
- Sieve Analysis Screening Equipments, Capacity & Effectiveness.
200 Module 2 Introduction to Size Reduction Equipments
- Introduction to Size Reduction Equipments
- Their Selection & Power Requirement in Milling Operations.
300 Module 3 Storage and Conveying of Solids
301 Storage of Solids
- Introduction to Storage Solids, Bins, Hoppers & Silos.
- Jensen’s Equation
302 Conveying of Solids
- Introduction to Conveying of Solids, Belt Conveyor, Bucket Conveyor, Pneumatic Conveyor & Elevators.
400 Module 4 Flow Through Packed Beds, Fluidization and Filtration
401 Flow Through Packed Beds
- Characteristics of Packing, Ergen’s Equation, Flow of a single fluid through a packed bed, Problems of Channeling & Wetting.
- Fluidization Characteristics, aggregative & particulate fluidization, Minimum Fluidization, Voidage & Minimum Fluidization Velocity, Voidage Correlation, Gas-Solid fluidization characteristics
- Flow through Filter Cakes & Medium Washing (Numerical), Const Rate & Pressure Filtration, Filter aids, Selection of filtration Equipment.
500 Module 5 Particle Mechanics, Sedimentation and Particle Separation
501 Particle Mechanics
- Motion of Particles in fluids, Effect of particle shape, Stokes Law, Hindered Settling.
- Gravity Settling, Batch Sedimentation, Kynch Theory of Sedimentation.
- Area & Depth of Thickener.
503 Particle Separation Based on Motion of Particles Through Fluids
- Froth floatation & Elutriation.
600 Module 6 Solids and Paste
- Mixing of Solids & Paste.
- Gas-Solid Separation Equipment:- Fabric Filter, Cyclone Separator, Electrostatic precipitator