CBCGS [2019 - current]
CBGS [2015 - 2018]
Old [2000 - 2014]
Topics with syllabus and resources
100.00 Vibration of Elementary System
- Vibration of elementary system,
- degree of freedom, analysis of system with one degree of freedom,
- spring-mass system,
- harmonic vibration,
- uniform circular motion natural frequency,
- free and forced vibrations with and without damping,
- type of damping
200.00 Wave Propagation in Elastic Rods
- Wave propagation in elastic rods, in an elastic infinite medium and in semi elastic half space, wave generated by surface footing.
300.00 Liquefaction of Soils
- Liquefaction of soils,
- criterion and factors affecting liquefaction of soil,
- laboratory and field studies on liquefaction,
- liquefaction studies in oscillatory simple shear,
- evaluation of liquefaction potentials, liquefaction of clay.
400.00 Principles of Machine Foundation Design
- Principles of machine foundation design,
- criteria for satisfactory machine foundation,
- degree of freedom of a block foundation analysis of vertical and sliding vibration of a machine foundation,
- mass of soil participating in vibration.
500.00 Vibration Isolation and Screening Methods
- Vibration isolation and screening methods,
- improvement of distressed machine foundation.
600.00 Field and Laboratory Tests for Evaluation of Dynamic Properties of Soil
- Field and laboratory tests for evaluation of dynamic properties of soil under vertical vibration coefficient of elastic uniform shear,
- spring constant damping modulus of elasticity typical values of soils.
700.00 Basics of Dynamic Earth Pressure
- Basics of dynamic earth pressure on retaining walls: conventional gravity type,
- reinforced soils,
- distribution of pressure,
- point of application of the resultant, simple examples.