University of Mumbai Syllabus For Semester 8 (BE Fourth Year) Soil Dynamics: Knowing the Syllabus is very important for the students of Semester 8 (BE Fourth Year). Shaalaa has also provided a list of topics that every student needs to understand.
The University of Mumbai Semester 8 (BE Fourth Year) Soil Dynamics syllabus for the academic year 2021-2022 is based on the Board's guidelines. Students should read the Semester 8 (BE Fourth Year) Soil Dynamics Syllabus to learn about the subject's subjects and subtopics.
Students will discover the unit names, chapters under each unit, and subtopics under each chapter in the University of Mumbai Semester 8 (BE Fourth Year) Soil Dynamics Syllabus pdf 2021-2022. They will also receive a complete practical syllabus for Semester 8 (BE Fourth Year) Soil Dynamics in addition to this.
University of Mumbai Semester 8 (BE Fourth Year) Soil Dynamics Revised Syllabus
University of Mumbai Semester 8 (BE Fourth Year) Soil Dynamics and their Unit wise marks distribution
University of Mumbai Semester 8 (BE Fourth Year) Soil Dynamics Course Structure 2021-2022 With Marking Scheme
- Vibration of elementary system,
- degree of freedom, analysis of system with one degree of freedom,
- spring-mass system,
- harmonic vibration,
- uniform circular motion natural frequency,
- free and forced vibrations with and without damping,
- type of damping
- Wave propagation in elastic rods, in an elastic infinite medium and in semi elastic half space, wave generated by surface footing.
- Liquefaction of soils,
- criterion and factors affecting liquefaction of soil,
- laboratory and field studies on liquefaction,
- liquefaction studies in oscillatory simple shear,
- evaluation of liquefaction potentials, liquefaction of clay.
- Principles of machine foundation design,
- criteria for satisfactory machine foundation,
- degree of freedom of a block foundation analysis of vertical and sliding vibration of a machine foundation,
- mass of soil participating in vibration.
- Vibration isolation and screening methods,
- improvement of distressed machine foundation.
- Field and laboratory tests for evaluation of dynamic properties of soil under vertical vibration coefficient of elastic uniform shear,
- spring constant damping modulus of elasticity typical values of soils.
- Basics of dynamic earth pressure on retaining walls: conventional gravity type,
- reinforced soils,
- distribution of pressure,
- point of application of the resultant, simple examples.