CBCGS [2019 - current]
CBGS [2015 - 2018]
Old [2000 - 2014]
University of Mumbai Semester 8 (BE Fourth Year) Smart Grid Technology Revised Syllabus
University of Mumbai Semester 8 (BE Fourth Year) Smart Grid Technology and their Unit wise marks distribution
Units and Topics
100 Introduction to Smart Grid
- Evolution of Electric Grid, Concept of Smart Grid, Definitions, Need of Smart Grid, Functions of Smart Grid, Opportunities & Barriers of Smart Grid, Difference between conventional grid & smart grid, Concept of Resilient & Self Healing Grid. Present development & International policies in Smart Grid. Case studies of Smart Grid. CDM opportunities in Smart Grid.
200 Smart Grid Enabling Technologies
- Introduction to Smart Meters, Real Time Prizing, Smart Appliances, Automatic Meter Reading(AMR), Outage Management System(OMS), Plug in Hybrid Electric Vehicles(PHEV), Vehicle to Grid, Smart Sensors, Home & Building Automation.
300 Smart Measurement and Monitoring Technologies
- Smart Substations, Substation Automation, Feeder Automation. Geographic Information System (GIS), Intelligent Electronic Devices(IED) & their application for monitoring & protection, Wide Area Measurement System(WAMS), Phase Measurement Unit(PMU).
400 Microgrids and Distributed Energy Resources
- Concept of microgrid, need & applications of microgrid, formation of microgrid, Issues of interconnection, protection & control of microgrid. Review of fundamentals and Integration of renewable energy sources.
- Smart storage like Battery, SMES, Pumped Hydro, Compressed Air Energy Storage.
- Microgrid and Smart grid comparison
500 Power Quality Management in Smart Grid
- Power Quality & EMC in Smart Grid, Power Quality issues of Grid connected Renewable Energy Sources, Power Quality Conditioners for Smart Grid, Web based Power Quality monitoring, Power Quality Audit.
600 Communication Technology for Smart Grid
- Home Area Network (HAN), Neighborhood Area Network (NAN), Wide Area Network (WAN).
- Bluetooth, ZigBee, GPS, Wi-Fi, Wi-Max based communication; Wireless Mesh Network, Basics of CLOUD Computing & Cyber Security for Smart Grid. IP based protocols.
Question Papers For All Subjects
- Drives and Control 2007 to 2009