CBCGS [2019 - current]
CBGS [2015 - 2018]
Old [2000 - 2014]
Topics with syllabus and resources
- Review of worlds production and reserves of commercial energy sources, India’s Production and reserves, energy alternatives, Review of conventional and non conventional energy sources.
- Distributed generation, Future trends in power generation and distribution.
200.00 Solar Energy
- Review of solar thermal applications-solar thermal conversion devices and storage applications.
- Review of solar photovoltaic (PV) cells, principle of power generation using solar PV; Solar PV cell model, emerging solar cell technologies; Solar PV modules from solar cells, Mismatch in module , hot spots in the module , Bypass diode, Design and structure of PV modules , PV module power output , I-V and power curve of module; BOS of PV system, battery charge controllers, MPPT, and different algorithms for MPPT, distributed MPPT, Types of PV systems; Design methodology of standalone PV system.
- Solar PV Micro-inverters. Power quality and protection issues, review of regulatory standards
300.00 Wind Energy
- Review of wind energy system and its components, types of wind turbines, characteristics; Power generation and control in wind energy systems, performance calculations of wind energy systems. Topologies of WES, WES with rectifier / inverter system, Power Converters for Doubly Fed Induction Generators (DFIG) in Wind Turbines.
400.00 Fuel Cell
- Review of fuel cells and their principle of operation, Review of types of fuel cell and their performance comparison. Topologies of fuel cell power systems, applications.
500.00 Other Sources
- Review of other nonconventional sources, their features and applications; Biomass, Tidal, Ocean Thermal Electric Conversion, geothermal, and Microhydro.
600.00 Energy Storage
- Forms of energy storage, importance of storage system in new power generation scenario; Types, characteristics and performance evaluation of: batteries, ultra-capacitors, flywheels, SME, pumped hydro storage system; Applications of Energy storage in distributed generation, smart grid systems, Electric and Hybrid electric vehicles.
- Hybrid power system based on renewable energy and energy storage.
Question Papers For All Subjects
- Control Systems 2 2007 to 2009