CBCGS [2019 - current]
CBGS [2015 - 2018]
Old [2000 - 2014]
Units and Topics
100 Introduction and Socio-legal Aspects of Rehabilitation Engineering
- Medical Rehabilitation
- Epidemiology of Rehabilitation
- Preventive Rehabilitation
- Impairment Disability and Handicap.
- Delivery of Rehabilitation Care: The team-Medical, Paramedical , Socio-vocational.
200 Orthotics, Amputation, and Prosthetics, Activities of Daily Living (Adl)
- Orthotics: General Principles of Orthotics, Biomechanics of orthotics.
- Classification: Upper & Lower Extremity orthotics, spinal Orthotics.
- Amputation & Prosthetics: Causes of Amputation, Types of Amputation, and Levels of Amputation for upper and lower Extremity.
- Preoperative and post-operative period.
- Pre-prosthetic stage.
- Endo & Exo-skeletal Prosthetics.
- Classification: Upper & lower limb Prosthetics
- Activities of Daily Living: ADL grouping, Barthel’s Index of ADL.
- Functional Independence
- Environmental control system,
- ADL training.
300 Mechanical Principles of Kinematics and Kinetics
- Planar classification of position and motion
- Rotary and translatory motion
- Degree of freedom
- Kinematic Chain Theories of motion
- Parallel force
- Resolution of force
- Calculation of muscle and joint forces
- Clinical application on weight and center of gravity
- Applied weights and resistance
- Muscle force and leverage
- Joint forces
- Clinical application on stretching versus joint mobilization.
400 Flow Properties of Blood
- An outline of Blood Rheology
- Constitutive equation of blood based viscometric Data and Casson’s equation
- Laminar flow of blood in a tube
- Fluid mechanical interaction of RBCs with a solid wall
- Thrombus formation and dissolution
- Medical application of Blood Rheology.
500 Common Deformities and Role of Surgery in Rehabilitation Engineering
- Types of deformities
- Management of 1st and 2nd degree deformities.
- Common deformities of lower limb.
- Treatment for partial foot deformities.
- Deformities of the foot.
- Arm deformities.
600 An Overview of Rehabilitation of Muscular Dystrophy, Paraplegia, and Quadriplegia
- Muscular Dystrophy
- Duchenne Muscular Dystrophy
- Facioscapulohumeral Muscular Dystrophy
- Paraplegia: Etiology, mechanism of injury, Identification of level of lesion, Management of active spinal cord injury, Rehabilitation, Gait training.
- Quadriplegia: Mobility, Training, Level of injury & outcome, Management.
Question Papers For All Subjects
- Nuclear Medicine 2011 to 2011
- Bio Medical Microsystems 2011 to 2011
- Hospital Management 2011 to 2011