CBCGS [2019 - current]
CBGS [2015 - 2018]
Old [2000 - 2014]
Topics with syllabus and resources
100.00 Structure of Proteins
- Post translational Modifications of proteins.
- Primary Structure and its determination
- Ramchandran Plot
- Secondary, Tertiary and Quaternary Structure of Proteins
- Bonds that stabilize a protein molecule
- Protein folding pathways and Energy Status of a Protein Molecule
- Protein Degradation in the cell
200.00 Techniques Involved in Studying Protein Structure
- Methods of protein crystallization.
- Methods to study the quaternary structures of proteins: X-ray Crystallography, NMR Spectroscopy.
- MALDI-TOF, ESI-MS
300.00 Structure Function Relationships in Proteins
- Helix-turn-Helix motif in DNA binding and homeodomain protein.
- Zinc fingers.
- Leucine zippers.
- Membrane proteins: General characteristics, Transmembrane segments, bacteriorhodopsin and Photosynthetic reaction center
400.00 Concepts of Designing a New Protein Molecule
- Chemical synthesis of peptides.
- Target molecules for Protein Engineering.
- The protein cycle and steps involved in Engineering a new Protein.
- De novo protein design
500.00 Applications of Protein Engineering
- Protein Engineering to enhance the solubility and assist folding of expressed proteins.
- Protein Engineering to assist purification of expressed proteins.
- Role in Vaccine Development.
- Engineering blood clotting factors: factor VIII.
- Engineering enzymes: tyrosyl-tRNA synthase.
- Engineering therapuetic hormones: insulin.
- Engineering humanized antibodies