University of Mumbai Semester 6 (TE Third Year) Project Management Revised Syllabus
University of Mumbai Semester 6 (TE Third Year) Project Management and their Unit wise marks distribution
Units and Topics
- Difference between Project and Operation. Definition of Project & Project Management. Selection and Qualities of a Project Manager. Life cycle of Project. Project Management Methodologies & Growth.
- Project ideas generation, Pre-Feasibility Analysis (SWOT). Feasibility Analysis-Market& Demand appraisal, Technical appraisal, Financial appraisal ( debt/equity ratio, different sources of finance, financial institution, Cash Flows, Profitability projections like PBP, NPV, IRR, Break–Even Analysis).
- Risk analysis (Sensitivity analysis & Scenario Analysis). Economic Feasibility (SCBA-UNIDO approach). Preparing a detailed Project Proposal (Executive Summary)
- Attributes & Definition of planning. WBS. Time Planning (PERT/CPM/Trade off). Material Planning (Procurement logistics & storage). Machines & Technology planning.
- Human Resource Planning (Project Organization). Planning the cost (Budgeting). QAP. Planning of Risk Management. Statutory Clearances. Resource Allocation & Resource Leveling. Introduction & use of PM software.
Motivation (Motivation Theories). Communication & Reporting (Types and Methods). Co-ordination. Management of scope. TQM. Stake Holder Management, Risk Management and Logistics Management.
- Inspection. Testing. Transportation. Commissioning. Trial Run.
- Documentation required for Project Handover. Preparing a Project Report for Future Reference.
- Types of contracts, Tendering (techno commercial aspects).
- Negotiations and Awarding the contracts. Contract closure.