University of Mumbai Syllabus For Semester 5 (TE Third Year) Production Process 3: Knowing the Syllabus is very important for the students of Semester 5 (TE Third Year). Shaalaa has also provided a list of topics that every student needs to understand.
The University of Mumbai Semester 5 (TE Third Year) Production Process 3 syllabus for the academic year 2021-2022 is based on the Board's guidelines. Students should read the Semester 5 (TE Third Year) Production Process 3 Syllabus to learn about the subject's subjects and subtopics.
Students will discover the unit names, chapters under each unit, and subtopics under each chapter in the University of Mumbai Semester 5 (TE Third Year) Production Process 3 Syllabus pdf 2021-2022. They will also receive a complete practical syllabus for Semester 5 (TE Third Year) Production Process 3 in addition to this.
University of Mumbai Semester 5 (TE Third Year) Production Process 3 Revised Syllabus
University of Mumbai Semester 5 (TE Third Year) Production Process 3 and their Unit wise marks distribution
University of Mumbai Semester 5 (TE Third Year) Production Process 3 Course Structure 2021-2022 With Marking Scheme
- Introduction to High speed machines,
- special purpose machines, transfer line and other mass production machines.
- Types of automats and its tooling.
- Elementary treatment of press working,
- Operation on presses,
- Press devices Classification of presses,
- Constructional features of blanking, piercing,
- compound, combination, progressive,
- bending, forming and drawing dies, Load calculations,
- development of blanks, scrap strip layout, punches, selection of die sets, stock guides, strippers, pilots, stops etc.
- selection of presses, capacities and other details.
- Need for jigs and fixtures, elements of Jigs and fixtures,
- principles of location, design of locating elements,
- locating pins support pins spring back, vee blocks, etc.
- principles of clamping simple hand operated clamps,
- like screw clamp, lever clamps and other types of clamps.
- Drill bushes-their types and applications indexing devices, auxiliary elements.
- Design of drill jigs like plate, leaf solid and box types for drilling combined with reaming, spot facing etc.
- design of milling fixtures such as plain, string, gang and indexing types. Design of turning fixtures.
- Ultrasonic Machining (USM),
- Abrasive Jet Machining (AJM),Water Jet Machining,
- Electrochemical Machining (ECM),
- Chemical Machining (CHM)
- Electrical Discharge Machining (EDM),
- Plasma Arc Machining (PAM),Laser Beam Machining (LBM),
- Electron Beam Machining (EBM), Arc cutting processes and Oxy fuel cutting process.
- General arrangement of an injection mold,
- Basic systems of the mold – Feeding system,
- cooling system and ejection systems, Concepts of three plate molds and tooling for moulding articles with undercuts, Concepts of split molds, hot runner systems –
- Their advantages and limitation over conventional systems. Basic concepts of mold standardization and innovative mold components
- Developing agile manufacturing,
- Integration of Product/Process Development,
- Application of IT/IS concepts,
- Agile supply chain management, Design of skill and knowledge and Computer control of Agile manufacturing.
- Flexible manufacturing systems
Question Papers For All Subjects
- Theory of Machines 2 2010 to 2018
- Mechanical Measurement and Control 2015 to 2018
- I.C. Engineering 2015 to 2018
- Production Process 3 2015 to 2018
- Heat Transfer 2015 to 2018
- Mechanical Measurement and Metrology 2010 to 2015
- Environmental Studies 2010 to 2014
- Fluid Mechanics 2010 to 2018
- Heat and Mass Transfer 2010 to 2015