University of Mumbai Syllabus For Semester 4 (SE Second Year) Production Process 2: Knowing the Syllabus is very important for the students of Semester 4 (SE Second Year). Shaalaa has also provided a list of topics that every student needs to understand.
The University of Mumbai Semester 4 (SE Second Year) Production Process 2 syllabus for the academic year 2021-2022 is based on the Board's guidelines. Students should read the Semester 4 (SE Second Year) Production Process 2 Syllabus to learn about the subject's subjects and subtopics.
Students will discover the unit names, chapters under each unit, and subtopics under each chapter in the University of Mumbai Semester 4 (SE Second Year) Production Process 2 Syllabus pdf 2021-2022. They will also receive a complete practical syllabus for Semester 4 (SE Second Year) Production Process 2 in addition to this.
University of Mumbai Semester 4 (SE Second Year) Production Process 2 Revised Syllabus
University of Mumbai Semester 4 (SE Second Year) Production Process 2 and their Unit wise marks distribution
University of Mumbai Semester 4 (SE Second Year) Production Process 2 Course Structure 2021-2022 With Marking Scheme
|101||Classification, Selection and Application of Machine Tools|
|301||Metal Cutting and Tool Engineering|
|401||Measurement of Tool Forces and Economics of Metal Cutting|
|501||Surface Finish, Cutting Tool Materials, Coolants|
|601||Design of Cutting Tools Or Tool Design|
- Lathe Machines, Milling Machines, Drilling Machines, Grinding Machines, Broaching machines, Lapping/Honing machines and shaping/ slotting/planning Machines.
- Gear Manufacturing -Gear milling, standard cutters and limitations, gear hobbing, gear shaping, gear shaving and gear grinding processes
- Introduction, principles of operation,
- Types – Vertical machining centers and horizontal machining centers,
- major elements, functions,
- applications, controllers,
- open loop and closed loop systems,
- coordinate measuring machines,
- maintenance of CNC machines, G,
- M Codes, Basic CNC programming
- Features of machining processes, concept of speed and cutting, mechanism of chip formation, concept of shear plane, chip reduction coefficient force analysis.
- Merchants circle of cutting forces, expression for shear plane angle and coefficient of friction in terms of cutting forces and tool angles.
- Merchants theory-original and modified cutting force and power calculation in machining processes, gross power , efficiency of machine tools, effect of various parameters on cutting forces, methods of estimating of cutting forces.
- Different types of dynamometers and their operations.
- Tool life definition, mechanism of tool wear and measurement, preliminary and ultimate feature, factors Influencing tool life such as speed, feed, depth of cut, tool material, cutting fluids etc.
- Machinability, Economics of metal cutting:-parameters affecting machining cost.
- Tool life for minimum cost and for maximum productivity
- Surface finish-influence of various parameters cutting tool materials-composition, field of application and manufacture.
- (carbon tool steel, high speed steel, non-ferrous alloys, carbides and ceramics), Selection of grinding wheel and dressing & truing of grinding wheels, coolants –function of coolants, effects on cutting force, tool life and surface finish, Types of coolants, Choice of coolants.
- Tool geometry and definition of principles tool angles of single point cutting tools, Design of single point cutting tools, Form tools, Drills, Milling cutters, Inserted type cutters, Broach tools, Standard inserts and Holders for Turning