CBCGS [2017 - current]
CBGS [2013 - 2016]
Old [2000 - 2012]
Topics with syllabus and resources
100.00 Classification of Production Processes
- Examples and field of applications Metal Casting Process: Fundamentals of metal casting,
- Pattern materials and types of Patterns for casting,
- Types of Casting (like sand, shell-mold, CO2 mold casting, Cold box, Hot box, Investment, vacuum, pressure, die, centrifugal, etc.),
- Design considerations, Inspection of castings, Casting
200.00 Forming Processes
- Principles and process characteristics,
- Rolling types and capacities,
- Rolling parameters: Draught, spread, elongation ,roll pressure, torque, work and power in rolling.,
- Effect of front and back tension on rolling load, Principles of roll pass.
- Miscellaneous processes like thread rolling roll forging, production of seamless tube by rolling, defects in rolled products.
- Forging ( basic principles, machines, types etc), extrusion and wire drawing
300.00 Welding and Joining Processes
- Mechanical fastening (Riveting), adhesive bonding, soldering and brazing.
- Welding Introduction, Fusion welding, gas and arc welding, submerged arc welding, inert gas welding, Electric slag welding, Carbon-dioxide shielded welding, thermit welding, Pressure welding, solid phase welding, resistance welding, and friction welding.
- Welding Equipment, process capability of welding its and applications. Weld joints- types, edge preparations.
- Weldability – designs, process and metallurgical considerations – testing and improvement of weldability – microstructure of weld – welding defects, advancements in welding
400.00 Powder Metallurgy
- like sintering and metal injection molding: Principle, process, applications, advantages and disadvantages of powder metallurgy,
- Processes of powder making and mechanisms of sintering.
500.00 Moulding with Polymers
- Basic concepts related to Injection Molding, Compression moulding, Transfer moulding, Blow Molding, Rotational Molding, Thermoforming and Extrusion.
- Applications of plastics in Engineering field.
- Moulding with ceramics: Blow moulding and extrusion of glass.
600.00 Non Destructive Techniques
- Dye Penetrant, Magnetic, Electrical, Ultrasonic and Radiographic nondestructive testing methods.