University of Mumbai Syllabus For Semester 3 (SE Second Year) Production Process 1: Knowing the Syllabus is very important for the students of Semester 3 (SE Second Year). Shaalaa has also provided a list of topics that every student needs to understand.
The University of Mumbai Semester 3 (SE Second Year) Production Process 1 syllabus for the academic year 2021-2022 is based on the Board's guidelines. Students should read the Semester 3 (SE Second Year) Production Process 1 Syllabus to learn about the subject's subjects and subtopics.
Students will discover the unit names, chapters under each unit, and subtopics under each chapter in the University of Mumbai Semester 3 (SE Second Year) Production Process 1 Syllabus pdf 2021-2022. They will also receive a complete practical syllabus for Semester 3 (SE Second Year) Production Process 1 in addition to this.
University of Mumbai Semester 3 (SE Second Year) Production Process 1 Revised Syllabus
University of Mumbai Semester 3 (SE Second Year) Production Process 1 and their Unit wise marks distribution
University of Mumbai Semester 3 (SE Second Year) Production Process 1 Course Structure 2021-2022 With Marking Scheme
- Examples and field of applications Metal Casting Process: Fundamentals of metal casting,
- Pattern materials and types of Patterns for casting,
- Types of Casting (like sand, shell-mold, CO2 mold casting, Cold box, Hot box, Investment, vacuum, pressure, die, centrifugal, etc.),
- Design considerations, Inspection of castings, Casting
- Principles and process characteristics,
- Rolling types and capacities,
- Rolling parameters: Draught, spread, elongation ,roll pressure, torque, work and power in rolling.,
- Effect of front and back tension on rolling load, Principles of roll pass.
- Miscellaneous processes like thread rolling roll forging, production of seamless tube by rolling, defects in rolled products.
- Forging ( basic principles, machines, types etc), extrusion and wire drawing
- Mechanical fastening (Riveting), adhesive bonding, soldering and brazing.
- Welding Introduction, Fusion welding, gas and arc welding, submerged arc welding, inert gas welding, Electric slag welding, Carbon-dioxide shielded welding, thermit welding, Pressure welding, solid phase welding, resistance welding, and friction welding.
- Welding Equipment, process capability of welding its and applications. Weld joints- types, edge preparations.
- Weldability – designs, process and metallurgical considerations – testing and improvement of weldability – microstructure of weld – welding defects, advancements in welding
- like sintering and metal injection molding: Principle, process, applications, advantages and disadvantages of powder metallurgy,
- Processes of powder making and mechanisms of sintering.
- Basic concepts related to Injection Molding, Compression moulding, Transfer moulding, Blow Molding, Rotational Molding, Thermoforming and Extrusion.
- Applications of plastics in Engineering field.
- Moulding with ceramics: Blow moulding and extrusion of glass.
- Dye Penetrant, Magnetic, Electrical, Ultrasonic and Radiographic nondestructive testing methods.