CBCGS [2019 - current]
CBGS [2015 - 2018]
Old [2000 - 2014]
Topics with syllabus and resources
- The organisation of a chemical engineering project
- Flow sheet presentation
- Block diagram
- Pictorial representation
- Presentation of stream flowrates
- Information to be included
- Plant layout
- The P & I diagram
- Symbols and layout
- Basic symbols
- Computer Aided Design Softwares
- Material safety data sheet
200.00 Heat Exchangers
- Codes and Standards for heat exchangers.
- Material of construction.
- Design of shell and tube heat exchanger (U-tube and fixed tube) as per IS: 4503 & TEMA standards i.e. shell, tube, tube sheets, channel and channel cover, flanged joints.
- Complete fabrication drawing for designed heat exchanger to a recommended scale.
- Design of standard vertical evaporator with design of calendria and tube, flange, evaporator drum & heads.
300.00 Design of Tall Columns
- Stresses in column shell.
- Shell thickness determination at various heights.
- Elastic stability under compression stresses.
- Complete fabrication drawing for designed column to a recommended scale.
400.00 High Pressure Vessels
- Stress analysis for thick walled cylinders.
- Theories of elastic failure.
- Prestressing of thick walled vessels.
- Design of monoblock high pressure vessels.
- Multilayer high pressure vessel design and construction.
- Materials of construction for high pressure vessels.
500.00 Introduction to Design of Crystallizers, Filters and Dryers
- Design considerations for Crystallizers, filters, absorption column, extractor and dryers (No numerical problems).
600.00 Piping Design and Layout
- Pipe sizing for gases and liquids.
- Piping for high temperature.
- Piping layout and its factors under consideration.
- Design of buried and overhead pipeline.