CBCGS [2017 - current]
CBGS [2013 - 2016]
Old [2000 - 2012]
Topics with syllabus and resources
- Units And Dimensions:- Various systems of units, conversion of units from one system to other
- Basic Chemical Calculations, Density, specific volume, specific gravity, Concentration & composition of mixtures and solutions.
- Density of gases & vapors using Ideal Gas law & Van der waals equation of state, Dalton’s law, Amagat's law, concept of VLE, Raoult’s law, Henry’s law.
200.00 Material Balance (For Unit Operations)
- General material balance equation, degree of freedom analysis for individual units, solving material balance problems for various unit operations using steady state equation
- Material Balance for Unsteady Processes
300.00 Material Balance (For Process Involving Chemical Reaction)
400.00 Recycle , Bypass and Purge Calculations
500.00 Calculations Using Psychrometric Chart
- Humidity and saturation
600.00 Energy Balance
- Heat capacity, sensible heat, latent heat, calculation of enthalpy changes.
- General energy balance equation
- Energy balances for process involving chemical reaction including adiabatic reactions & combustion processes (Orsat Analysis & Net, Gross Calorific Value determination).
- Material and Energy Balance (Binary Distillation & Combustion)