University of Mumbai Syllabus For Semester 3 (SE Second Year) Process Calculations: Knowing the Syllabus is very important for the students of Semester 3 (SE Second Year). Shaalaa has also provided a list of topics that every student needs to understand.
The University of Mumbai Semester 3 (SE Second Year) Process Calculations syllabus for the academic year 2021-2022 is based on the Board's guidelines. Students should read the Semester 3 (SE Second Year) Process Calculations Syllabus to learn about the subject's subjects and subtopics.
Students will discover the unit names, chapters under each unit, and subtopics under each chapter in the University of Mumbai Semester 3 (SE Second Year) Process Calculations Syllabus pdf 2021-2022. They will also receive a complete practical syllabus for Semester 3 (SE Second Year) Process Calculations in addition to this.
University of Mumbai Semester 3 (SE Second Year) Process Calculations Revised Syllabus
University of Mumbai Semester 3 (SE Second Year) Process Calculations and their Unit wise marks distribution
University of Mumbai Semester 3 (SE Second Year) Process Calculations Course Structure 2021-2022 With Marking Scheme
|100||Units and Dimensions|
|400||P-V-T Behaviour of Pure Liquids|
|700||Fundamentals of Material Balances|
|800||Material Balance for Process Involving Chemical Reaction|
|900||Fundamentals of Energy Balances|
|1000||Stoichiometry of Microbial Growth and Product Formation|
- Systems of units
- fundamental and derived units
- unit conversions
- dimensional homogeneity and dimensional analysisproblems.
- Conversion of units
- Mole concept
- atomic weight
- molecular weight and equivalent weight - methods of determination.
- Methods of expressing compositions of mixtures and solutions-
- mole percent
- mass percent
- volume percent
- normality etc.
- Gas laws, real and ideal gases, equation of state, critical properties, properties of gas
- Dalton’s laws, Amagat’s law-Average molecular weight and densityproblems.
- Limiting and excess reactants- conversion, degree of completion, selectivity, yield problems.
- Law of conservation of mass
- Types of material balances
- material balance with recycle bypass and purge streams
- Material Balance for process involving chemical reaction, Calculations using Psychrometric chart;
- Humidity and saturation
- Law of conservation of energy,
- Heat capacity, sensible heat,
- latent heat, calculation of enthalpy changes.
- General energy balance equation;
- Energy balance calculations with and without reactions,
- Energy balance for fermentation and downstream processingproblems.
- Growth Stoichiometry and elemental balances,
- Respiratory quotient,
- Degree of reduction,
- Yield and maintenance coefficients,
- Oxygen consumption in aerobic microbial cultures.
- Theoretical Oxygen demand- problems.
- Metabolic reaction coupling, energetics of metabolic processes (respiration and biosynthesis)
- Transport across cell membranes,
- Thermodynamics of microbial growth,
- Heat generation in microbial cultures problems.