CBCGS [2018 - current]
CBGS [2014 - 2017]
Old [2000 - 2013]
Topics with syllabus and resources
100.00 Introduction to Communication System
- Elements of communication system
- Types of communication system
- Signal to Noise ratio
- Noise factor
- Noise figure
- Noise Temperature.
200.00 Amplitude Modulation
- Mathematical analysis of Am wave
- Different types of AM Spectrum
- DSBFC(Grid Modulated, Plate Modulated, Collector Modulated)
- DSBSC(FET Balanced Modulator, Ring Diode modulator)
- SSB(Phase shift method, Filter method, Third method) and Introduction of ISB and VSB
- Low level and high level modulator transmitter.
300.00 Am Receiver
- Receiver Parameters sensitivity, selectivity, fidelity, double spotting, Image frequency and its rejection.
- Dynamic range TRF receiver
- Superetrodyne receiver
- Double conversion receiver
- AM detectors –Simple and Practical Diode detector
- Principles and types of tracking
- Principles and types of AGC
- Demodulation of DSBSC and SSB waves.
400.00 Fm Modulation
- Principles of FM waveform, spectrum, Bandwidth, FM generation.
- Direct and Indirect FM
- Principles of AFC
- Pre-emphasis and Deemphasise in FM
- Effect of noise in FM
- Noise Triangle
- FM demodulation – Simple Slope detector, Balanced slope detector, Foster Seeley discriminator, Ratio detector, Quadrature detector, Block diagram of FM receivers.
- Capture effect in FM receivers
- Difference between AM and FM system.
500.00 Analog Pulse Modulation Techniques
- Sampling Theorem for low pass signals and band pass signals
- Proof of Sampling theorem
- Concept of Aliasing
- PAM, PWM,PPM
- Generation, Detection, Advantages, Disadvantages, comparison.
600.00 Digital Pulse Modulation and Transmission Techniques
- Advantages and Disadvantages of digital transmission
- PCMTrasmitter, Receiver, Quantization, Companding
- Transmitter, Receiver, Advantages and Disadvantages
- Digital Transmission – Types of digital transmission (ASK,FSK,PSK)
- Generation, Detection, Advantages Disadvantages.
700.00 Multiplexing Techniques
- Concept of multiplexing and multiple access
- FDM, TDM Transmitter and Receiver
- Advantages and Disadvantages
- PCM-TDM system
- FDMA, TDMA, CDMA.