CBCGS [2019 - current]
CBGS [2015 - 2018]
Old [2000 - 2014]
Topics with syllabus and resources
100.00 Introduction to Prestressed Concrete
- Basic concept and general principles, materials used and their properties, methods, techniques and systems of prestressing.
200.00 Analysis of Prestressed Concrete Sections
- Loading stages and computation of section properties, critical section under working load for pre tensioned and post tensioned members, stress method, load balancing method and internal resisting couple method, kern points, choice and efficiency of sections, cable profiles.
300.00 Loss of Prestress
- Loss of stresses doe to elastic deformation of concrete, creep in concrete, creep in steel, shrinkage in concrete, relaxation in steel, anchorage slip and friction.
400.00 Deflections of Prestressed Concrete Members
- Short time and long time deflection, deflection of uncracked sections, Uni-linear and bi-linear methods for cracked sections.
500.00 Design of Prestressed Concrete Sections for Flexure in Working Stress and Limit State Method
- General philosophy of design, permissible stresses in concrete and steel,suitability of section, safe cable zone, design of simply supported pretension and post tension slabs and beams using limit state method
600.00 Design for Shear
- Calculation of principle tension under working load, permissible principle tension, shear strength calculation under limit state of collapse for both sections cracked and uncracked in flexure.
700.00 End Zone Stresses in Prestressed Concrete Members
- Pretension transfer bond, transmission length, end block of posttensioned members.
800.00 Introduction to Application of Prestressing
- Introduction to application of prestressing to continuous beams and slabs, linear transformation and concordancy of cables.
Question Papers For All Subjects
- Environmental Engineering 2 2007 to 2018
- Limit State Method for Reinforced Concrete Structures 2011 to 2018
- Irrigation Engineering 2008 to 2018
- Quantity Survey Estimation and Valuation 2007 to 2018
- Construction Engineering 2008 to 2018