CBCGS [2019 - current]
CBGS [2015 - 2018]
Old [2000 - 2014]
Topics with syllabus and resources
100.00 Load Forecasting
- Introduction, Classification of Load, Load Growth Characteristics, Peak Load Forecasting, Extrapolation and Co-Relation methods of load Forecasting, Reactive Load Forecasting, Impact of weather on load forecasting.
200.00 System Planning
- Introduction to System Planning, Short, Medium and Long Term strategic planning, Reactive Power Planning.
- Introduction to Generation and Network Planning, D.C load flow equation
300.00 Reliability of Systems
- Concepts, Terms and Definitions, Reliability models, Markov process, Reliability function, Hazard rate function, Bathtub Curve.
- Serial Configuration, Parallel Configuration, Mixed Configuration of systems, Minimal Cuts and Minimal Paths, Methods to find Minimal Cut Sets, System reliability using conditional probability method, cut set method and tie set method.
400.00 Generating Capacity: Basic Probability Methods and Frequency and Duration Method
- Basic Probability Methods: Introduction, Generation system model, capacity outage probability table, recursive algorithm for rated and derated states,
- Evaluation of: loss of load indices, Loss of load expectation, Loss of energy.
- Frequency and Duration Method: Basic concepts, Numericals based on Frequency and Duration method
500.00 Operating Reserve
- General concept, PJM method, Modified PJM method.
600.00 Composite Generation and Transmission System
- Data requirement, Outages, system and load point indices, Application to simple system.
Question Papers For All Subjects
- Drives and Control 2007 to 2009