CBCGS [2019 - current]
CBGS [2015 - 2018]
Old [2000 - 2014]
Topics with syllabus and resources
100.00 Load Flow Studies
- Network model formulation, Y bus formation and singular matrix transformation.
- Load flow problem, Gauss Seidel (GS) methods.
- Newton Raphson methods (NR) (Polar, Rectangular form).
- Decoupled, Fast Decoupled load flow and comparison. Concept of DC loads flow.
200.00 Economic System Operation
- Generator operating cost:- input-output, Heat rate and IFC curve, Constraints in operation, Coordinate equation, Exact coordinate equation, Bmn coefficients, transmission loss formula.
- Economic operation with limited fuel supply and shared generators, Economic exchange of power between the areas Optimal unit commitment and reliability considerations
300.00 Automatic Generation and Control
- Load frequency control problem, Thermal Governing system and transfer function. Steam Turbine and Power system transfer function.
- Isolated power system:- static and dynamic response PI and control implementation Two area load frequency control, static and dynamic response Frequency biased Tie line Bias control-implementation and effect Implementation of AGC, AGC in restructured power system, under frequency load shedding, GRC, Dead band and its effect.
400.00 Inter Change of Power and Energy
- Multiple utility interchange transaction, Other types of transactions, Power Pool.
500.00 Power System Stability
- Types of Stability Study, Dynamics of synchronous machine, Power angle equation, Node elimination technique, Simple Systems, Steady state stability, Transient stability, Equal area criteria and its applications, Numerical solution of swing equation, Modified Euler’s method.
600.00 Voltage Stabilty
- Introduction, reactive power transmission, short circuit capacity, Problems of reactive power transmission, rotor angle stability and voltage stability, surge impedance loading, P-V and V- Q curve, various methods of voltage control –shunt and series compensation.
- Voltage Control- Tap changing transformers, Booster transformers, Static voltage compensators, Thyristorised series voltage injection
Question Papers For All Subjects
- Control Systems 2 2007 to 2009