University of Mumbai Syllabus For Semester 7 (BE Fourth Year) Power System Operation and Control: Knowing the Syllabus is very important for the students of Semester 7 (BE Fourth Year). Shaalaa has also provided a list of topics that every student needs to understand.
The University of Mumbai Semester 7 (BE Fourth Year) Power System Operation and Control syllabus for the academic year 2022-2023 is based on the Board's guidelines. Students should read the Semester 7 (BE Fourth Year) Power System Operation and Control Syllabus to learn about the subject's subjects and subtopics.
Students will discover the unit names, chapters under each unit, and subtopics under each chapter in the University of Mumbai Semester 7 (BE Fourth Year) Power System Operation and Control Syllabus pdf 2022-2023. They will also receive a complete practical syllabus for Semester 7 (BE Fourth Year) Power System Operation and Control in addition to this.
University of Mumbai Semester 7 (BE Fourth Year) Power System Operation and Control Revised Syllabus
University of Mumbai Semester 7 (BE Fourth Year) Power System Operation and Control and their Unit wise marks distribution
University of Mumbai Semester 7 (BE Fourth Year) Power System Operation and Control Course Structure 2022-2023 With Marking Scheme
- Network model formulation, Y bus formation and singular matrix transformation.
- Load flow problem, Gauss Seidel (GS) methods.
- Newton Raphson methods (NR) (Polar, Rectangular form).
- Decoupled, Fast Decoupled load flow and comparison. Concept of DC loads flow.
- Generator operating cost:- input-output, Heat rate and IFC curve, Constraints in operation, Coordinate equation, Exact coordinate equation, Bmn coefficients, transmission loss formula.
- Economic operation with limited fuel supply and shared generators, Economic exchange of power between the areas Optimal unit commitment and reliability considerations
- Load frequency control problem, Thermal Governing system and transfer function. Steam Turbine and Power system transfer function.
- Isolated power system:- static and dynamic response PI and control implementation Two area load frequency control, static and dynamic response Frequency biased Tie line Bias control-implementation and effect Implementation of AGC, AGC in restructured power system, under frequency load shedding, GRC, Dead band and its effect.
- Multiple utility interchange transaction, Other types of transactions, Power Pool.
- Types of Stability Study, Dynamics of synchronous machine, Power angle equation, Node elimination technique, Simple Systems, Steady state stability, Transient stability, Equal area criteria and its applications, Numerical solution of swing equation, Modified Euler’s method.
- Introduction, reactive power transmission, short circuit capacity, Problems of reactive power transmission, rotor angle stability and voltage stability, surge impedance loading, P-V and V- Q curve, various methods of voltage control –shunt and series compensation.
- Voltage Control- Tap changing transformers, Booster transformers, Static voltage compensators, Thyristorised series voltage injection
Question Papers For All Subjects
- Control Systems 2 2007 to 2009