CBCGS [2019 - current]
CBGS [2015 - 2018]
Old [2000 - 2014]
University of Mumbai Semester 7 (BE Fourth Year) Power System Modelling Revised Syllabus
University of Mumbai Semester 7 (BE Fourth Year) Power System Modelling and their Unit wise marks distribution
Units and Topics
- Components of power system, Need for power system modeling, dqo transformation, α-β transformation.
200 Synchronous Machine Modeling
- Physical description, Mathematical description of synchronous machine in abc frame of reference, synchronous machine model in dq0 frame of reference (rotating frame) and pu representation.
300 Excitation System Modeling
- Excitation system requirements, Elements of excitation system, Types of excitation system and modeling of excitation systems.
400 Transmission Line and Transformer Modeling
- Transmission line, d-q transformation using α-β variables.
- Transformer modeling such as auto-transformer, tap-changing & phase-shifting transformer.
500 SVC and Load Modeling
- Static VAR compensators, Basic concept of load modeling, modeling of induction motor.
600 Modeling of Non-electrical Component
- Simplified models of non-electrical components like boiler, steam & hydroturbine & governor system.
Question Papers For All Subjects
- Control Systems 2 2007 to 2009