CBCGS [2019 - current]
CBGS [2015 - 2018]
Old [2000 - 2014]
University of Mumbai Semester 8 (BE Fourth Year) Power System Dynamics and Control Revised Syllabus
University of Mumbai Semester 8 (BE Fourth Year) Power System Dynamics and Control and their Unit wise marks distribution
Units and Topics
100 Synchronous Machine Modeling and Representation
- Basic equations of synchronous machine, dqo transformation, Per unitvoltage- flux- torque- power equations and reactance, Equivalent circuit d-q axis, Voltage current flux linkage relation- phasor representation- rotor angle-steady state equivalent circuit.
- Three phase short circuit, Magnetic saturation and representation Simplifications for large scale studies, Constant flux linkage model.
200 Excitation System
- Excitation system requirement, Elements of excitation system, Types of excitation system, Dynamic performance measures, Control and protective functions, Basic elements of different types of excitation system.
300 Small Signal Stability
- Fundamental concept of stability of dynamic system, Eigen properties of state matrix, SSS of single machine infinite bus system, Effect of AVR on synchronizing and damping torque, Power system stabilizer, SSS of multimachine system, Special techniques to analyze large system, Characteristics of SSS, SSS Enhancement.
400 Voltage Stability
- Basic concepts, Voltage collapse, Voltage stability analysis, Prevention of voltage collapse.
Question Papers For All Subjects
- Drives and Control 2007 to 2009