University of Mumbai Syllabus For Semester 8 (BE Fourth Year) Power Quality: Knowing the Syllabus is very important for the students of Semester 8 (BE Fourth Year). Shaalaa has also provided a list of topics that every student needs to understand.
The University of Mumbai Semester 8 (BE Fourth Year) Power Quality syllabus for the academic year 2022-2023 is based on the Board's guidelines. Students should read the Semester 8 (BE Fourth Year) Power Quality Syllabus to learn about the subject's subjects and subtopics.
Students will discover the unit names, chapters under each unit, and subtopics under each chapter in the University of Mumbai Semester 8 (BE Fourth Year) Power Quality Syllabus pdf 2022-2023. They will also receive a complete practical syllabus for Semester 8 (BE Fourth Year) Power Quality in addition to this.
University of Mumbai Semester 8 (BE Fourth Year) Power Quality Revised Syllabus
University of Mumbai Semester 8 (BE Fourth Year) Power Quality and their Unit wise marks distribution
University of Mumbai Semester 8 (BE Fourth Year) Power Quality Course Structure 2022-2023 With Marking Scheme
- Disturbances, Unbalance, Distortion, Voltage Fluctuations, Flicker, Quality Assessment.
- Definition of harmonics, odd and even harmonics, Harmonic phase rotation and phase angle relationship, Causes of voltage and current harmonics, nonsinusoidal voltage and current waveform equations(numerical included), individual and total harmonic distortion with problems, Power assessment under waveform distortion with numerical.
- Introduction, transducers current transformers, voltage transformers, Power quality instrumentation, Harmonic monitoring, Power quality standards IEEE 519.
- Rotating Machines – Transformers – Cables – Capacitors – Harmonic resonance – Voltage Notching – EMI (Electromagnetic Interference) – Overloading of Neutral conductor– Protective relays and Meters.
- Power factor when both voltage and current sinusoidal, Power factor compensation using capacitor (vector diagram and numerical included), power factor when voltage is sinusoidal and current is non-sinusoidal (numerical included), Effect of capacitor compensation in power factor improvement under non-sinusoidal condition.
- Mitigation of harmonics- Passive filters- Advantages and disadvantages of passive filters- Active filters-shunt connection, series connection and hybrid connection( Detailed diagram with inverters and its working), Power factor improvement using shunt active filter(both reactive power and harmonic power compensation), Generating reference currents for shunt active filter using Instantaneous PQ Theory
Question Papers For All Subjects
- Drives and Control 2007 to 2009