University of Mumbai Syllabus For Semester 7 (BE Fourth Year) Power Plant Engineering: Knowing the Syllabus is very important for the students of Semester 7 (BE Fourth Year). Shaalaa has also provided a list of topics that every student needs to understand.
The University of Mumbai Semester 7 (BE Fourth Year) Power Plant Engineering syllabus for the academic year 2021-2022 is based on the Board's guidelines. Students should read the Semester 7 (BE Fourth Year) Power Plant Engineering Syllabus to learn about the subject's subjects and subtopics.
Students will discover the unit names, chapters under each unit, and subtopics under each chapter in the University of Mumbai Semester 7 (BE Fourth Year) Power Plant Engineering Syllabus pdf 2021-2022. They will also receive a complete practical syllabus for Semester 7 (BE Fourth Year) Power Plant Engineering in addition to this.
University of Mumbai Semester 7 (BE Fourth Year) Power Plant Engineering Revised Syllabus
University of Mumbai Semester 7 (BE Fourth Year) Power Plant Engineering and their Unit wise marks distribution
University of Mumbai Semester 7 (BE Fourth Year) Power Plant Engineering Course Structure 2021-2022 With Marking Scheme
- Energy resources and their availability,
- types of power plants,
- selection of the plants,
- review of basic thermodynamic cycles used in power plants.
- Rainfall and run-off measurements and plotting of various curves for estimating stream flow and size of reservoir,
- power plants design,
- construction and operation of different components of hydro-electric power plants, site selection,
- comparison with other types of power plants
- Flow sheet and working of modern-thermal power plants,
- super critical pressure steam stations,
- site selection,
- coal storage,
- coal handling systems,
- feeding and burning of pulverized fuel,
- ash handling systems,
- dust collection-mechanical dust collector and electrostatic precipitator
- Constant pressure gas turbine power plants,
- Arrangements of combined plants (steam & gas turbine power plants),
- repowering systems with gas production from coal,
- using PFBC systems,
- with organic fluids,
- parameters affecting thermo dynamic efficiency of combined cycles Problems.
- Principles of nuclear energy,
- basic nuclear rea ctions,
- nuclear reactorsPWR, BWR, CANDU,
- Sodium graphite, fast breeder,
- homogeneous; gas cooled.
- Advantages and limitations,
- nuclear power station, waste disposal.
- Load curve, different terms and definitions,
- cost of electrical energy,
- tariffs methods of electrical energy,
- performance & operating characteristics of power plants- incremental rate theory,
- input-out put curves, efficiency,
- heat rate, economic load sharing, Problems.
Question Papers For All Subjects
- CAD CAM CAE 2011 to 2018
- Refrigeration and Air Conditioning 2011 to 2018
- Manufacturing Planning and Control 2011 to 2015
- Machine Design 2 2011 to 2018
- Production Planning and Control 2016 to 2018
- Mechanical Utility System 2018 to 2018