CBCGS [2018 - current]
CBGS [2014 - 2017]
Old [2000 - 2013]
University of Mumbai Semester 5 (TE Third Year) Power Electronics Revised Syllabus
University of Mumbai Semester 5 (TE Third Year) Power Electronics and their Unit wise marks distribution
Units and Topics
- Basic operation of silicon controlled rectifier, two transistor analogy, Static and Dynamic characteristics, Gate characteristics, Firing circuits - R, RC, ramp triggering of UJT, Commutation circuits, Protection circuit of SCR, Basic operation and characteristic of Triac, GTO, Diac.
200 Other Power Semiconductor Devices
- Basic operation and characteristics of power diodes, power BJTs, power MOSFETs, IGBTs, Comparison of devices, applications, need for driver circuits and snubber circuits, heat sinks.
300 Controlled Rectifiers
- Single phase half wave rectifiers, full wave rectifiers (mid-point and bridge configuration) for R and R-L load, freewheel diode, harmonic analysis of input current and input power factor for single phase fully controlled rectifier, effect of source inductance (concept only), single phase dual converter, Three phase semi converter and full converter with R load, Applications, Numerical for calculation of output voltage, single phase PWM rectifier, basic working principle and applications.
- Principle of operation, Performance parameters, Single phase voltage source bridge Inverters, Three phase VSI (120° and 180° conduction mode), control of inverter output voltage , PWM techniques-Single PWM, Multiple PWM, Sinusoidal PWM, Introduction to Space vector modulation, Current source inverters, comparison of VSI and CSI, Applications.
500 Dc to Dc Converter
- Basic principle of dc to dc conversion, switching mode regulators – Buck, Boost, Buck-Boost, Cuk regulators, concept of bidirectional dc to dc converters, all with resistive load and only CCM mode, Applications, Numerical included.
600 Ac Voltage Controllers
- On-Off and phase control, Single phase AC voltage controllers with R and RL loads.
- Cyclo converters, Matrix converter: Basic working principle.
Question Papers For All Subjects
- Electromagnetic Fields and Waves 2007 to 2013
- Electrical Machines 2 2008 to 2013
- Communication Engineering 2010 to 2013
- Power Electronics 2010 to 2013
- Power System Analysis 2010 to 2013
- Environmental Studies 2010 to 2014