University of Mumbai Syllabus For Semester 5 (TE Third Year) Power Electronics: Knowing the Syllabus is very important for the students of Semester 5 (TE Third Year). Shaalaa has also provided a list of topics that every student needs to understand.
The University of Mumbai Semester 5 (TE Third Year) Power Electronics syllabus for the academic year 2021-2022 is based on the Board's guidelines. Students should read the Semester 5 (TE Third Year) Power Electronics Syllabus to learn about the subject's subjects and subtopics.
Students will discover the unit names, chapters under each unit, and subtopics under each chapter in the University of Mumbai Semester 5 (TE Third Year) Power Electronics Syllabus pdf 2021-2022. They will also receive a complete practical syllabus for Semester 5 (TE Third Year) Power Electronics in addition to this.
University of Mumbai Semester 5 (TE Third Year) Power Electronics Revised Syllabus
University of Mumbai Semester 5 (TE Third Year) Power Electronics and their Unit wise marks distribution
University of Mumbai Semester 5 (TE Third Year) Power Electronics Course Structure 2021-2022 With Marking Scheme
- Basic operation of silicon controlled rectifier, two transistor analogy, Static and Dynamic characteristics, Gate characteristics, Firing circuits - R, RC, ramp triggering of UJT, Commutation circuits, Protection circuit of SCR, Basic operation and characteristic of Triac, GTO, Diac.
- Basic operation and characteristics of power diodes, power BJTs, power MOSFETs, IGBTs, Comparison of devices, applications, need for driver circuits and snubber circuits, heat sinks.
- Single phase half wave rectifiers, full wave rectifiers (mid-point and bridge configuration) for R and R-L load, freewheel diode, harmonic analysis of input current and input power factor for single phase fully controlled rectifier, effect of source inductance (concept only), single phase dual converter, Three phase semi converter and full converter with R load, Applications, Numerical for calculation of output voltage, single phase PWM rectifier, basic working principle and applications.
- Principle of operation, Performance parameters, Single phase voltage source bridge Inverters, Three phase VSI (120° and 180° conduction mode), control of inverter output voltage , PWM techniques-Single PWM, Multiple PWM, Sinusoidal PWM, Introduction to Space vector modulation, Current source inverters, comparison of VSI and CSI, Applications.
- Basic principle of dc to dc conversion, switching mode regulators – Buck, Boost, Buck-Boost, Cuk regulators, concept of bidirectional dc to dc converters, all with resistive load and only CCM mode, Applications, Numerical included.
- On-Off and phase control, Single phase AC voltage controllers with R and RL loads.
- Cyclo converters, Matrix converter: Basic working principle.
Question Papers For All Subjects
- Electromagnetic Fields and Waves 2007 to 2013
- Electrical Machines 2 2008 to 2013
- Communication Engineering 2010 to 2013
- Power Electronics 2010 to 2013
- Power System Analysis 2010 to 2013
- Environmental Studies 2010 to 2014