University of Mumbai Syllabus For Semester 7 (BE Fourth Year) Polymer Technology: Knowing the Syllabus is very important for the students of Semester 7 (BE Fourth Year). Shaalaa has also provided a list of topics that every student needs to understand.
The University of Mumbai Semester 7 (BE Fourth Year) Polymer Technology syllabus for the academic year 2021-2022 is based on the Board's guidelines. Students should read the Semester 7 (BE Fourth Year) Polymer Technology Syllabus to learn about the subject's subjects and subtopics.
Students will discover the unit names, chapters under each unit, and subtopics under each chapter in the University of Mumbai Semester 7 (BE Fourth Year) Polymer Technology Syllabus pdf 2021-2022. They will also receive a complete practical syllabus for Semester 7 (BE Fourth Year) Polymer Technology in addition to this.
University of Mumbai Semester 7 (BE Fourth Year) Polymer Technology Revised Syllabus
University of Mumbai Semester 7 (BE Fourth Year) Polymer Technology and their Unit wise marks distribution
University of Mumbai Semester 7 (BE Fourth Year) Polymer Technology Course Structure 2021-2022 With Marking Scheme
- Introduction and Classification of Polymers.
- Thermosets, Factors influencing the polymer properties, Glass Transition Temperature Monomers used for polymer synthesis, Thermoplastics, Linear Branch, Cross Linked Polymers.
- Addition and Condensation Polymerisation:- Mechanism, kinetics, synthesis and reactions.
- Chemical & Physical structure, properties, source, important chemical modifications, applications of polymers such as cellulose, lignin, starch, rosin, shellac, latexes, vegetable oils and gums, proteins etc.
- Bulk polymerization, Solution polymerization, Emulsion polymerization and Suspension polymerization, Interfacial Polymerization with their merits Comparison of the various processes Advantages and disadvantages
- Molecular Weights, Polydispersity Index, Different Methods of determination of Molecular weight, Effect of Molecular weight on Engineering Properties of Polymers.
- Basic concept, Technical significance, steady state assumptions in free radical copolymerization, The copolymer equation, Instantaneous molar composition of copolymer formed
- Monomer reactivity ratios
- Significance and method of determination, Types of copolymers.
- Polymerization reactors types and mode of operation, Polymerization reactor design, control of polymerization
- Post polymerization unit operations and unit processes Polymer Degradation.
- High Performance and Specialty Polymers, Polymer additives, compounding.
- Fillers plastisizers lubricants colourants UV stabilizers, fire retardants, antioxidants, Different moulding methods of polymers.
- Injection moulding , blow moulding, thermoforming, film blowing etc.
- Manufacturing of typical polymers with flow-sheet diagrams properties & application:- PE, PP, PS, Polyesters, Nylons, ABS, PC.
- Manufacturing of thermoset polymers such as Phenolic resins.