CBCGS [2018 - current]
CBGS [2014 - 2017]
Old [2000 - 2013]
Topics with syllabus and resources
100.00 Introduction to Safety
- Introduction, safety programs.
- Accidents:- Nature of accidents, process of accidents.
- Industrial hygiene:- Phases of industrial hygiene projects. Material safety data sheet.
- Fire:- Fire triangle, Flammability characteristics of liquids and gases,Minimum oxygen concentration, Ignition energy, Autoignition, Autoxidation, Adiabatic compression, Ignition sources, Sprays and mists, Prevention methods.
- Explosion:- Detoriation, Deflagration, Confined explosion, VCE, BLEVE, Blast damage, Missile damage, Prevention methods.
200.00 Relief Systems, Hazards and Risk Assessment
- Relief:- Concept, Location of relief, Types, Relief systems. Deflagration venting for dust and vapour explosion. Venting for fires.
- Hazards identification:- Hazards Check-list, Hazards Surveys, HAZOP, HAZON.
- Risk assessment:- Event trees, Fault trees.
- Accident investigation:- Accident investigation process, AIDS for diagnosis, recommendations.
300.00 Steam Generators
- Steam generators,classification of boilers, boiler mountings and accessories.
- Performance of steam generators.
- Distribution of steam in plant.
- Efficient use of steam.
- Compressed air from blower, compressor.
- Air drying system for instrument air and plant air.
- Humidification and dehumidification of air.
- Principles of refrigeration.
- Refrigeration system like compression refrigeration, absorption refrigeration, chilled water system, air conditioning.
- Types of refrigerants and their importance.
600.00 Vacuum Systems, Venting and Flaring
- Different types of vacuum systems.
- Types of vents and flares.
700.00 Statistical Analysis of Results
- Data tabulation and graphical representation.
- Standard deviation and standard error.
- Degree of freedom.
- Analysis of variance (ANOVA).
- Linear regression analysis.