University of Mumbai Syllabus For Semester 6 (TE Third Year) Plant Engineering: Knowing the Syllabus is very important for the students of Semester 6 (TE Third Year). Shaalaa has also provided a list of topics that every student needs to understand.
The University of Mumbai Semester 6 (TE Third Year) Plant Engineering syllabus for the academic year 2022-2023 is based on the Board's guidelines. Students should read the Semester 6 (TE Third Year) Plant Engineering Syllabus to learn about the subject's subjects and subtopics.
Students will discover the unit names, chapters under each unit, and subtopics under each chapter in the University of Mumbai Semester 6 (TE Third Year) Plant Engineering Syllabus pdf 2022-2023. They will also receive a complete practical syllabus for Semester 6 (TE Third Year) Plant Engineering in addition to this.
University of Mumbai Semester 6 (TE Third Year) Plant Engineering Revised Syllabus
University of Mumbai Semester 6 (TE Third Year) Plant Engineering and their Unit wise marks distribution
University of Mumbai Semester 6 (TE Third Year) Plant Engineering Course Structure 2022-2023 With Marking Scheme
- Introduction, safety programs.
- Accidents:- Nature of accidents, process of accidents.
- Industrial hygiene:- Phases of industrial hygiene projects. Material safety data sheet.
- Fire:- Fire triangle, Flammability characteristics of liquids and gases,Minimum oxygen concentration, Ignition energy, Autoignition, Autoxidation, Adiabatic compression, Ignition sources, Sprays and mists, Prevention methods.
- Explosion:- Detoriation, Deflagration, Confined explosion, VCE, BLEVE, Blast damage, Missile damage, Prevention methods.
- Relief:- Concept, Location of relief, Types, Relief systems. Deflagration venting for dust and vapour explosion. Venting for fires.
- Hazards identification:- Hazards Check-list, Hazards Surveys, HAZOP, HAZON.
- Risk assessment:- Event trees, Fault trees.
- Accident investigation:- Accident investigation process, AIDS for diagnosis, recommendations.
- Steam generators,classification of boilers, boiler mountings and accessories.
- Performance of steam generators.
- Distribution of steam in plant.
- Efficient use of steam.
- Compressed air from blower, compressor.
- Air drying system for instrument air and plant air.
- Humidification and dehumidification of air.
- Principles of refrigeration.
- Refrigeration system like compression refrigeration, absorption refrigeration, chilled water system, air conditioning.
- Types of refrigerants and their importance.
- Different types of vacuum systems.
- Types of vents and flares.
- Data tabulation and graphical representation.
- Standard deviation and standard error.
- Degree of freedom.
- Analysis of variance (ANOVA).
- Linear regression analysis.