CBCGS [2019 - current]
CBGS [2015 - 2018]
Old [2000 - 2014]
Topics with syllabus and resources
100.00 Introduction to Pharmaceuticals
- History & Definition of Drugs.
- Sources of Drugs - Plant, Animals, Microbes and Minerals.
- Drug targets, Intermolecular bonding forces.
- Classification of Drugs Naming of Drugs and medicines
200.00 Pharmacodynamics and Pharmacokinetics
- Molecules acting as drug targets: Enzymes, Receptors, Nucleic acid, Miscellaneous (Transport proteins, lipids, carbohydrates)
- Three Phases of drug action: Drug Absorption, Distribution, Metabolism and Excretion (ADME)
- Modes of drug administration
- Drug dosing (half-life, steady state concentration, drug tolerance, Bioavailibility)
300.00 In Vivo and in Vitro Approach of Drug Discovery, Design and Development
- Drug discovery: finding a lead molecule
- Drug design: Optimizing target interaction
400.00 Final Stages of Drug Development - Trials
- Preclinical and clinical trials
- Patenting and regulatory affairs
500.00 Medicinal Chemistry
- Antibacterial, Anticancer, Antiviral drugs, Opioid anelgesics
- Production of Therapeutic Proteins, Hormones, Cytokines - Interferons, Interleukins I & II, Tumor Necrosis Factor (TNF);
- Nucleic acids
- Role of Biopharmaceuticals in treatment of various health disorders
700.00 Drug Delivery Systems, Biomaterials and Their Applications
- Controlled and sustained delivery of drugs.
- Biomaterial for the sustained drug delivery.
- Liposome mediated drug delivery.
- Drug delivery methods for therapeutic proteins.