CBCGS [2019 - current]
CBGS [2015 - 2018]
Old [2000 - 2014]
Topics with syllabus and resources
100.00 Origin Formation and Composition of Petroleum
- Origin theory, Reserves and deposits of world.
- Types of crude and Indian crude types.
- Exploration Reserves
200.00 Refinery Products and Feedstock and Fuels
201.00 Refinery Products and Feedstock
- Overall refinery flow.
- Low boiling products.
- Gasoline Specifications.
- Jet fuels, automotive diesel fuels.
- Oils:-Heating Oils, Residual fuel Oils, Crude Oil properties, Composition of petroleum, Crude suitable for asphalt manufacture.
- Crude distillation curves.
- Distillation characteristics.
- Petrochemical Feedstock.
300.00 Fractionation of Petroleum
- Dehydration and desalting of crude, Heating of Crude Pipe still Heaters.
- Multi-component Fractionation of Petroleum including pumparound and side-stripping.Blending of gasoline.
- Over lead corrosion in distillation unit.
400.00 Treatment Techniques and Product Specifications
- Fraction impurities treatment of gasoline, Treatment of kerosene, Treatment of Lubes.
- Wax and purification.
500.00 Catalytic Cracking and Thermal Process
- Fluidised bed catalytic cracking, Catalytic reforming, Coking, Hydrogen Process Hydro cracking, Hydrodesulphurization, Hydro-Treatment.
- Alkalyation process, Isomerisation Proccess, Polymer gasoline.
600.00 Asphalt Technology
- Source of Asphalt.
- Air Blowing of Bitumen up-gradation of heavy crude.
- Brief review about bio-refinery