CBCGS [2019 - current]
CBGS [2015 - 2018]
Old [2000 - 2014]
Topics with syllabus and resources
- Functions, Importance of subgrade soil properties on pavement performance, subgrade soil classification for highway engineering purpose soils as per PRA system, revised PRA system, Bur mister system, Compaction system.
200.00 Grading Requirements for Aggregate
- Grading requirements for aggregate, selection of bases and sub-base material (including stabilized materials), selection of different grade of bitumen, types of bituminous surfaces, skid qualities, bituminous mix design, Marshall Stability test, design aspect of paving concrete.
- Experimental characteristics of road aggregate.
300.00 Soil Survey
- Soil Survey Procedure for Highway and Ground Water Investigation.
- Identification and Significance of soil Characteristics, effect of water in soil Swelling/shrinkage, cohesion, plasticity in soil.
- Soil Moisture movement- ground water, gravitational water, held water, soil suction
400.00 Stress in Soil
- Theories of elastic and plastic behavior of soils, Methods of reducingsettlement, estimation of rate of settlement due to consolidation in foundation of road embankment.
- Static and cyclic triaxial test on subgrade soils, resilient deformation, resilient strain, resilient modulus.
- CBR test, effect of lateral confinement on CBR and E value of Subgrade soil.
- Static and cyclic plate load test, estimation of modulus of subgrade reaction, correction for late size, correction for worst moisture content.
500.00 Ground Improvement Technique
- Different method of soil stabilization, use of geo-textile, geogrid and fibres in highway subgrade. Vertical sand drain: design criteria, construction and uses
600.00 Storm Water Drainage
- General principles subsoil Drainage. Frost action soil: Frost susceptible soils, depth of frost penetration, and loss of strength during frost melting.
- Compaction of soils, field and laboratory method of soil compaction, equipment’s used in field compaction.
- Design of surface and subsurface drainage system, pumping system, water body, holding ponds
Question Papers For All Subjects
- Environmental Engineering 2 2007 to 2018
- Limit State Method for Reinforced Concrete Structures 2011 to 2018
- Irrigation Engineering 2008 to 2018
- Quantity Survey Estimation and Valuation 2007 to 2018
- Construction Engineering 2008 to 2018