University of Mumbai Syllabus For Semester 7 (BE Fourth Year) Pavement Subgrade and Materials: Knowing the Syllabus is very important for the students of Semester 7 (BE Fourth Year). Shaalaa has also provided a list of topics that every student needs to understand.
The University of Mumbai Semester 7 (BE Fourth Year) Pavement Subgrade and Materials syllabus for the academic year 2021-2022 is based on the Board's guidelines. Students should read the Semester 7 (BE Fourth Year) Pavement Subgrade and Materials Syllabus to learn about the subject's subjects and subtopics.
Students will discover the unit names, chapters under each unit, and subtopics under each chapter in the University of Mumbai Semester 7 (BE Fourth Year) Pavement Subgrade and Materials Syllabus pdf 2021-2022. They will also receive a complete practical syllabus for Semester 7 (BE Fourth Year) Pavement Subgrade and Materials in addition to this.
University of Mumbai Semester 7 (BE Fourth Year) Pavement Subgrade and Materials Revised Syllabus
University of Mumbai Semester 7 (BE Fourth Year) Pavement Subgrade and Materials and their Unit wise marks distribution
University of Mumbai Semester 7 (BE Fourth Year) Pavement Subgrade and Materials Course Structure 2021-2022 With Marking Scheme
- Functions, Importance of subgrade soil properties on pavement performance, subgrade soil classification for highway engineering purpose soils as per PRA system, revised PRA system, Bur mister system, Compaction system.
- Grading requirements for aggregate, selection of bases and sub-base material (including stabilized materials), selection of different grade of bitumen, types of bituminous surfaces, skid qualities, bituminous mix design, Marshall Stability test, design aspect of paving concrete.
- Experimental characteristics of road aggregate.
- Soil Survey Procedure for Highway and Ground Water Investigation.
- Identification and Significance of soil Characteristics, effect of water in soil Swelling/shrinkage, cohesion, plasticity in soil.
- Soil Moisture movement- ground water, gravitational water, held water, soil suction
- Theories of elastic and plastic behavior of soils, Methods of reducingsettlement, estimation of rate of settlement due to consolidation in foundation of road embankment.
- Static and cyclic triaxial test on subgrade soils, resilient deformation, resilient strain, resilient modulus.
- CBR test, effect of lateral confinement on CBR and E value of Subgrade soil.
- Static and cyclic plate load test, estimation of modulus of subgrade reaction, correction for late size, correction for worst moisture content.
- Different method of soil stabilization, use of geo-textile, geogrid and fibres in highway subgrade. Vertical sand drain: design criteria, construction and uses
- General principles subsoil Drainage. Frost action soil: Frost susceptible soils, depth of frost penetration, and loss of strength during frost melting.
- Compaction of soils, field and laboratory method of soil compaction, equipment’s used in field compaction.
- Design of surface and subsurface drainage system, pumping system, water body, holding ponds
Question Papers For All Subjects
- Environmental Engineering 2 2007 to 2018
- Limit State Method for Reinforced Concrete Structures 2011 to 2018
- Irrigation Engineering 2008 to 2018
- Quantity Survey Estimation and Valuation 2007 to 2018
- Construction Engineering 2008 to 2018