University of Mumbai Syllabus For Semester 8 (BE Fourth Year) Pavement Design and Construction: Knowing the Syllabus is very important for the students of Semester 8 (BE Fourth Year). Shaalaa has also provided a list of topics that every student needs to understand.
The University of Mumbai Semester 8 (BE Fourth Year) Pavement Design and Construction syllabus for the academic year 2022-2023 is based on the Board's guidelines. Students should read the Semester 8 (BE Fourth Year) Pavement Design and Construction Syllabus to learn about the subject's subjects and subtopics.
Students will discover the unit names, chapters under each unit, and subtopics under each chapter in the University of Mumbai Semester 8 (BE Fourth Year) Pavement Design and Construction Syllabus pdf 2022-2023. They will also receive a complete practical syllabus for Semester 8 (BE Fourth Year) Pavement Design and Construction in addition to this.
University of Mumbai Semester 8 (BE Fourth Year) Pavement Design and Construction Revised Syllabus
University of Mumbai Semester 8 (BE Fourth Year) Pavement Design and Construction and their Unit wise marks distribution
University of Mumbai Semester 8 (BE Fourth Year) Pavement Design and Construction Course Structure 2022-2023 With Marking Scheme
- Pavement structure and functional attributes,
- factor affecting pavement design,
- types of wheel loads for highways and airports,
- development of design method for highway and airport pavements.
- Stresses in flexible pavements, 1-layer, 2-layer, 3-layers theories, EWLF,ESWL
- Stresses in Rigid pavement: load and temperature stresses, combined stresses.
- Airport pavement: Corps of Engineer’s method, FAA method CDOT method, Asphalt institute method.
- Highway Pavement: Empirical methods using no soil strength criteria, empirical method based on soil strength criteria: CBR method as specified by IRC, Road note 29 methods, AASHTO method, Asphalt institute method.
- Fatigue and rutting as a failure criterion.
- Airport pavements: PCA methods, corps of Engineer’s method, FAA method. Joints and reinforcement requirement.
- Highway pavement: Current British procedure, IRC method.
- flexible and rigid pavement distresses,
- condition and evaluation surveys,
- present serviceability index,
- roughness measurement,
- Benkaleman beam deflections,
- design of overlays,
- skid resistance and measurement.
- Mix design, concrete strength, size of aggregates, gradation, and workability, preparation of base form work, placing of reinforcement, compaction, and finishing, curing, joints.
- Classification of low cost roads,
- construction of low cost roads,
- stabilization of subgrade,
- base and its advantages,
- construction of granular base courses,
- macadam surface,
- macadam bases,
- low cost materials and methods used for highway construction,
- suitability of different types of roads under different situation. Soils.
- earth work machinery,
- rock excavation machinery,
- aggregate transportation and watering equipment,
- wet mix WMM Plant,
- Asphalt plant, (computerized),
- drum mix,
- Continuous batch mix,
- compaction equipment,
- bituminous equipment,
- heating and spraying equipment,
- hot mix plants,
- cold mix plants,
- concrete road making machinery,
- equipment usage rates,
- factors affecting usage rate.
- Quality control (QC) and Quality assurance (QA) during construction of various pavements,
- importance, process control and end product control,
- statistical methods in quality control, control charts, frequency of testing etc.