CBCGS [2019 - current]
CBGS [2015 - 2018]
Old [2000 - 2014]
Topics with syllabus and resources
- Parallel Computing, Parallel Architecture, Architectural Classification Scheme, Performance of Parallel Computers, Performance Metrics for Processors, Parallel Programming Models, Parallel Algorithms.
200.00 Pipeline Processing
- Introduction, Pipeline Performance, Arithmetic Pipelines, Pipelined Instruction Processing, Pipeline Stage Design, Hazards, Dynamic Instruction Scheduling.
300.00 Synchronous Parallel Processing
- Introduction, Example-SIMD Architecture and Programming Principles, SIMD Parallel Algorithms, Data Mapping and memory in array processors, Case studies of SIMD parallel Processors.
400.00 Introduction to Distributed Systems
- Definition, Issues, Goals, Types of distributed systems, Distributed System Models, Hardware concepts, Software Concept, Models of Middleware, Services offered by middleware, Client Server model.
- Layered Protocols, Remote Procedure Call, Remote Object Invocation, Message Oriented Communication, Stream Oriented Communication.
600.00 Resource and Process Management
- Desirable Features of global Scheduling algorithm, Task assignment approach, Load balancing approach, load sharing approach, Introduction to process management, process migration, Threads, Virtualization, Clients, Servers, Code Migration
- Clock Synchronization, Logical Clocks, Election Algorithms, Mutual Exclusion, Distributed Mutual Exclusion-Classification of mutual Exclusion Algorithm, Requirements of Mutual Exclusion Algorithms, Performance measure
- Non Token based Algorithms:- Lamport Algorithm, Ricart–Agrawala’s Algorithm, Maekawa’s Algorithm
- Token Based Algorithms:- Suzuki-Kasami’s Broardcast Algorithms, Singhal’s Heurastic Algorithm, Raymond’s Tree based Algorithm, Comparative Performance Analysis.
800.00 Consistency and Replication and Distributed File Systems
801.00 Consistency and Replication
- Introduction, Data-Centric and Client-Centric Consistency Models, Replica Management.
802.00 Distributed File Systems
- Introduction, good features of DFS, File models, File Accessing models, File-Caching Schemes, File Replication, Network File System(NFS), Andrew File System(AFS), Hadoop Distributed File System and Map Reduce.
Question Papers For All Subjects
- Software Architecture 2011 to 2018
- Multimedia System Design 2011 to 2015
- Distributed Computing 2010 to 2016
- Data Warehousing and Mining 2010 to 2018
- Human Machine Interaction 2016 to 2018
- Parallel and Distributed Systems 2016 to 2018